Coronavirus - Here come the variants

Do you think someone should compiling such a list or are you being irrational again? What about GDPR?

You seem to be the one contending that they are?

Iā€™m just trying to see if you have a basis for your argument.

You clearly donā€™t.

Is your rationale the health risk or to prevent schools/classes being shut down?

I wonder which public sector made up the largest group

Job seekers?

I thought the entire recommendation of NIAC is based on the data/argument that age trumps everything when it comes to risk from Covid?

Are NIAC wrong in your opinion?

1 Like

Both

1 Like

I actually think the school disruption argument is a stronger one as it doesnā€™t look to directly contradict NIACs fact-based approach although if has been suggested that one positive case in a class from an (unvaccinated kid) will require isolation anyway then maybe that argument is largely moot too.

1 Like

Absolute scum.

We have to be guided by the science and the recommendations of the expert group NIAC.

I suppose the point that also needs to be factored in is there are some teachers who arent fit and healthy or have underlying conditions who arent able to go back to school as it currently stands and this readjustment means they are out longer still. I know of tow personally, one pregnant teacher and another who has an immune type condition, but both young and relatively healthy but have conditions that if they got Covid would leave them in a vulnerable position. The pregnant teacher isnt massively fussed, she will be going on maternity leave one way or another in a few weeks anyway, but she still would have liked to have been able to go back. The other one is frustrated hugely. His GP advised heā€™d be getting his vaccine in May, but heā€™s not sure now.

And Iā€™m sure there are many more who will refuse to go back in because of the fear factor. And many more where the roll out is just going to come whenever it does and it was potentially going to be summer anyway so it doesnt make much difference to them one way or another, just as long as it is in place before September.

2 Likes

She timed that well.

Ah no harm. Sure plenty of time for him to get it before the start of the next school year.

Whatā€™s the real story? I would have thought it was OK to post in here.

1 Like

well considering she has had 3 miscarriages on her last 3 pregnancies, I doubt timing had anything to do with it. As much as you hate teachers, they still have lives to live and there is no need to be an absolute cunt the whole time over teachers.

Yeah plenty of time. Meanwhile the school has to get in sub teachers to cover when students will be back in. And when there is already a shortage of sub teachers. It leaves the school more vulnerable to shut down as explained earlier.

15 Likes

Just lucky timing I suppose. Teachers seem to be very good at timing their pregnancies like that.

Maybe they should clamp down on career breaks and such things.

1 Like

@Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy

Why didnā€™t you become a teacher seeing as you seem to be very impressed with their working set up?

Not smart enough?

2 Likes

neither of which have anything whatsoever to do with the vaccine roll out, so we can leave it there.

1 Like

Not smart enough to teach a kid what 2 + 2 is?

Iā€™ve got some integrity about me. If I was unhappy with my job or career I would leave and move on. I wouldnā€™t try and hold my employer to ransom to meet my demands.