Coronavirus - Here come the variants

If all the vulnerable and older are vaccinated why can’t we open up?

More insults.

Reinforcing your idiocy #25

You don’t have the ability to or intelligence to develop and mature so I can’t help you.

You had the opportunity to engage in a reasoned discussion, to offer intelligent points, state your argument and you decided to offer insults. You weren’t up to, you shit yourself and have been anrgily trying to shout me down since.

No. He is Hiroshima on August 7, 1945.

1 Like

Tell us your plan. Go on.

Because of infection rates. How do you not get that point?

2 Likes

There’s certainly an argument and the human body is probably the longer term answer but how do you let it rip through society and manage your health system at the same time? Letting rip would lead to multiples of thousands being hospitalized and totally over whelming the health system … can you not see that’s the issue? when we were reporting cases in the thousands, capacity was creaking , what would it be like if we were reporting in the tens of thousands? Lads need to cool the jets here and think about what’s reasonable vs what they want… Have any of you guys gone out and licked the face off someone you know that had it to give yourself immunity?

1 Like

Malarkey thought that there was “history”. There’ll be history soon enough.

We’ve done it every year with flu in the past, death rates have shot up but it was fine.

Sure it was only flu as idiots like you might say.

Serious question, how fickle are you?

But infections don’t effect most people under 60?

3 Likes

cold water swimming

The same way the accept hundreds on hospital trolleys every winter flu season.

So Covid-19 is just like seasonal influenza?

Tell us your plan, so.

What’s most people? If we stood back in the morning and let it rip through the country what kind of figures of infection rates would you be looking at in 2-3 months? near half a million? what percentage of that figure (totally pulled out of my arse) would lead to a collapse of the health care system - and remember, that number of infections is still rising at the point also.

I didn’t say it was just like it.

We have a vaccine now that is proving effective on protecting the at risk categories. Vaccinate them and then gradually open things up.

We rolled a flu jab out every winter to protect the vulnerable and accepted a spike in deaths on an annual basis. What has changed?

Yeah - so you’re saying the spread of flu and covid are comparable? that exact same thing?

How have hospital occupancy rates changed between peak Covid and peak winter flu season?

That’s its charm!

1 Like

That comment is a version of the ‘death rates’ argument. Infection rates are the (huge) problem even if the majority of infected people do not get particularly sick.

I do not know how this point can be made clearer… What do you think was happening the last 12 months and more? Just a bit of craic, for the sake of it?

1 Like

You can’t even frame a coherent argument you daft bastard.

You should try it sometime even if we all laugh at you for doing so.

1 Like

Are you zero covid?