Coronavirus - Here come the variants

Sure ring the GP. No harm being careful at all.

The Indian variant is vaccine resistant. Weā€™ll be locked down a week after opening up.

Yeah, Iā€™ll wait til this evening. In fairness, they said there could be a reaction and to make contact if it hadnā€™t abated in 48 hours, which will be at 5.30 this evening.

1 Like

Youā€™ll be grand.

1 Like

And you read the article and you realise the lad is 88 and is actually grand really :roll_eyes::smiley:

Great click bait fear mongering tweet all the same

2 Likes

https://www.ft.com/content/d71729a3-72e8-490c-bd7e-757027f9b226

Has a virus ever evolved to defeat a vaccine?

The flu is many different viruses so that does not count.

Sheā€™s a 68 year old who would probably be in line for the AZ jab.

You stole her jab.

I thinks the concern is that itā€™s the first time a vaccine has been distributed during a pandemic

@glasagusban is a parasite. Doubt if he cares

Dr Gabriel Scally, who Iā€™ve never once interacted with on twitter, has blocked me

5 Likes

Still persisting with that? Pretty sad.

The Indian PM received 2 doses of the Indian-made Covaxin vaccine. Itā€™s a traditional inactivated virus vaccine. As I understand it, the Chinese vaccines work on a similar basis but the Western vaccines work differently. I donā€™t know what type of vaccine Sputnik is.

Perhaps one of the forumā€™s science experts like @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy could clarify the different families of vaccines.

How can you tell.if not tweeting them?

1 Like

Sounds like the Monday after a Munster final

Best wishes

2 Likes

More of a Tuesday Iā€™d say.

1 Like

Open the pubs!

3 Likes

This keeps going and they wonā€™t have a chance of keeping people back any longerā€¦theyā€™ll have to pull some Variant or dangerous anecdote out of the bag ā€¦

George Lee is probably spinning a globe around in the rte offices trying to pick a place to name a new variant after.

4 Likes

Did you have any reaction to the first jab?

Herself was in bits for about 4 hours after the first jab of the AZ but recovered quickly thereafter. Shtill waiting on the second jab.