Coronavirus - Here for life (In high population density areas)

Iā€™d agree that Ct value should be reported - to the medical practitioner where that applies.

Iā€™d also agree that Viral load is a good datapoint - although variability in the actual swabbing instead of the test may make it less useful in a real world scenario.

Its still a very different communication to what @glenshane and his internet tinfoil hat sources were suggesting though ā€¦

Bill Oā€™Herlihy was a cunt.

4 Likes

Ireland is utterly riddled. We canā€™t actually get more infected with virus coming in.

Ah now Fulvio, you canā€™t be saying that!

Fuck me thats outrageous. Bill was a saint.

Iā€™d say bill was a bit of a cunt but still a national treasure.

Ah come off it youā€™re way smarter than that. You honestly think NPHET will try to hoodwink the government into maintaining lockdown based on misrepresenting figures of of people who came into hospital for other reasons but caught covid? Theyā€™re bad but theyā€™re not that bad.

In any event by then it will be very visible where we are with vaccination and we will be able to compare with the rest of the EU. Should be easy to press for the same relaxation of measures as other EU countries have if we are equal with them on vaccination percentages.

Him pretending not to be Zero Covid is gas

When it drops below 55 it goes to 25%. There are also the cases where people have a high BMI or other risk factor, they can be identified quite quickly.

1 Like

Thats something that strikes me is obesity and the many diseases that it contributes to are high on the list of underlying conditions for the under 60s, yet its never mentioned by experts. Again its in the doctors best interest to have a healthier population. Eat healthy, maintain a healthy weight excerise and then supplement with vitamins that you are not getting in the first 3 will go a long way for all diseases not just covid

1 Like

For the first time I have taken my hands off my ears and begun to see that the vaccine situation is worrying.

We donā€™t actually know the extent of the vaccineā€™s powers. All we have heard so far is that it is likely to protect against severe symptoms, I would have thought that transmission would be affected but there is nothing to confirm that is the case.

Also the much awaited Oxford vaccine has an efficacy of 65%. That seems to have slipped under the radar.

Israel have given the first shot to a few million of their population, a few hundred thousand with the second dose yet they are experiencing record case numbers. It appears at the very least it takes something for the vaccine to have an effect.

Finally all these new variants appear to be questionable in terms of vaccine covering them so there is still a lot of uncertainty.

Theyā€™re experiencing lots of cases but the the key will be in a couple of weeks time. How many of those cases end up in hospital? How many die?

The current numbers were baked in 3-4 weeks ago.

Lots of cases without severe sickness or death is just a casedemic.

Itā€™s bizarre alright

I wouldnā€™t dare to speak on behalf of @glenshane, but setting public policy mainly on case numbers is an issue recognized by a lot of epidemiologists and doctors, when there is no differentiation between the 90+% of people who test positive yet are unlikely to develop serious disease from those that are likely to get very sick, require hospitalization and perhaps die.

The focus imo should be on the latter group, while also trying to get as many people as possible into the former group, as attempts to control the spread of the virus have failed utterly.

2 Likes

A healthy population isnt profitable or sustainable for the big pharma companies mate unfortunately.

1 Like

The only value of testing like we do is if you are serious about surveillance

The modelling teams have been given a lot more information but have made worse calls than they managed in March.

Maybe i havenā€™t followed a thread here and Iā€™m missing something.
Who is that never mentions obesity and for what reason do you think?
Iā€™d have thought the obesity problem was one of the most mentioned by medical professionals in recent years. And surely your GP will mention it to you every time he sees you.

Its paid lip service pal.

Come off it will you.

Weā€™ve sacrificed the health of people who are genuinely sick for people who are absolutely fine but happen to have tested positive for COVID-19

1 Like

It says ignore the test because itā€™s too sensitive, instead rely firstly on what you can see with your eyes and retest using different technology or an additional test. In other words donā€™t rely on a test set at 45 cycles.