Coronavirus - Here for life (In high population density areas)

Michael O’Leary should be running the country

5 Likes

Hero of the horsey set.

However, Mr O’Leary did not go into detail on what misinformation he believed Nphet had spread.

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

A few things, that’s a little editorial stuck in by the independent, which has adopted a line that O’Leary was countering. He wasn’t asked in the interview what misinformation he was was referring to, so it’s specious to imply he avoided the question or had nothing to back it up. It’s also untrue, since he clearly pointed out mistakes in NPHET messaging and approach throughout the interview.

O’Leary is a cunt, his treatment of his staff in particular marks him out as such.

He was still correct in everything he said.

4 Likes

His essential idea is that vaccines will save the day and when we have vaccinated so many then we are back to normal. This should be the message says O’Leary and the CMO is not doing his job correctly by not promoting this.

What on earth would that jumped up prick know about being a CMO? Also there is not a country in the world adopting such a message because there is nothing certain about vaccinations.

Anyway, I don’t want to give any more energy to discussing that little weed.

1 Like

WhatsApp doing the rounds of one lunatic at this getting horsed into the back of a Garda van. Some Covid denier / Gemma subscriber who was running around the place ripping masks off auld wans who were only out for an aul pray

You don’t seem to be able to engage with anything he says, you just don’t like it because of who he is. That’s a bit silly.

For those who missed it:

Hook it to my veins.

5 Likes

Good one.

:roll_eyes:

Private school educated.

Big four trained.

At least you’re consistent mate!

In a number of replies you haven’t come up with a single counter point.

Lads taking a businessman try to operate his own business very badly here

1 Like

Actually he did, the media set who have been cheerleading closing the border added that in.

I know you are a bit annoyed about a tiny amount of people going away for a tan but read the piece properly.

1 Like

Except you have for a few hours now, you have a serious bee in your bonnet about travel. I know January was tough but get over it.

O’Leary is correct, we have seen rampant spread where we have an international border on this island. We cannot control that. 800 people flying in with a PCR test and told to isolate is not the number 1 issue we have we trying to keep our new strains.

He is also correct about the summer. By any measure, our at risk sectors will be vaccinated by then across the EU. In terms of future mutations, those are going to happen anyway. You need to prepare yourself for that reality. O’Leary clearly said Europe there btw, I’d expect if this is roaring in the South America winter then countries there will remain heavily restricted. But all it does is delay any new vaccine busting mutation.

O’Leary was in even better form on Newstalk this morning.

Called out the HSE for not plugging in the fridge up the country somewhere.

He should be running this vaccine roll out.

This latest round of COVID seems a lot more personal than previous ones ,I know a lot more people who have died from it…

O’Leary is the topic on Liveline I think

Sorry for your losses mate. This surge has been a lot more about names than numbers alright.

1 Like

Joe’s switch is lighting up with callers who haven’t got a refund despite mick guaranteeing this morning everyone had been refunded. Its basically Joe and rte giving him the butt of the hurley back.
I got refunded my flight for last July off him anyway.

Of the 1,651 Covid classified deaths in the O6

80+ - 1,001 (60.63%)
60-79 - 564 (34.16%)
40-59 - 81 (4.91%)
20-39 - 4 (0.24%)
0-19 - 1 (0.06%)

So 95% of deaths are over 60s. It’s clear who we need to protect.