Coronavirus - Here for life (In high population density areas)

No chance you’d get a bad dose of it? It probably wouldn’t take to ya

There is no proper journalism anymore, they are just PR people.

3 Likes

We now have to do a (pcr?)test every Sunday night before heading off to work on the Monday

I had it before the bat that had it before the chinese had it had it

If we can get numbers down to a trickle by June or July, which I’m confident we can via renewed compliance with restrictions, vaccination roll out and helpful climate then that’s the time to implement a hardcore zero Covid policy for 12-18 months. We’ll essentially have a Covid free country and then we can give this extra time to totally eradicate all trace of it. As @mickee321 says, we should be back attending sporting events and concerts from around September 2022 at the earliest.

1 Like

What the absolute fuck is this?

Ah for fuck sake

Holy fuck

Luke O’Neill is not a bad lad but clearly absolutely mental

What a fucking joke.

Evidence of the “Montrose bubble “

“It’s very well managed”

What’s going on, I’m not watching for reasons of sanity

Probably the best way to sum it up

12 Likes

I switched to Newsnight, what’s happening?

Is that a slimmed down Bertie on the right?

RTÉ are running low on filler. Somebody saw a video of a Flaming Lips gig where the audience were in plastic bubbles so they got “comedian” Bernard O’Shea and Professor Luke “I’m actually a big fan of the Flaming Lips” O’Neill in to the studio to try out plastic bubbles as if this was going to be the answer to the music industry’s woes.

3 Likes

@iron_mike we march on the capital TOMORROW

The fact the country is locked in and forced to give them attention out of boredom has a few of these RTErs believing in their own celebrity, and they are intoxicated from it it seems.

1 Like

I genuinely do mate. What we’re seeing is only the tip of the iceberg. Mass unemployment, and all the associated knock-on impacts, are en route. And just you wait until 15-30% of the population make it clear that they won’t get a vaccine, and employers and society start to treat them differently because of it. The Workplace Relations Commission will be inundated with claims of discrimination, and no doubt plenty of points of law will be referred to the courts, tying them up for years.

In general, I think we are at a point now where the polarisation between people has reached levels that I personally haven’t experienced previously. There can be no middle ground as long as the left demands that everyone thinks the same as they do, and any variance is demonised with an “ism” of some sort or another. It’s as if centrism has been deleted from existence, and taking a moderate position is akin to political surrender.

Something that would have previously been seen as a fundamental prerequisite for getting through your life, namely a thick skin, is no longer required. It is now a crime in some countries to offend someone. It’s genuinely depressing. Anyway, I’ll finish with a quote. In Ann Widdecombe’s 2019 address to the Oxford Union, she said the following:

Nobody has the right to live their lives being protected from offence, or from insult, or from hurt feelings. It is an occupational hazard of living in society, and if you really can’t take it, become a hermit.

15 Likes