Coronavirus - Here for life (In high population density areas)

Watch something else you gee bags

2 Likes

I can understand Bernard but Luke O’Neill is supposed to be worth millions now? Why do this?

Think this is being a bit flippant with this Pandemic given the deaths, postponed operations, mental health and financial hardships.

All fun and games until you pass wind.

I’d say like a lot of them Luke loves the limelight

1 Like

I wonder is he gone mad and we’ve watched it unfold on TV the whole year. He must have known they were on the cusp of something and realising life changing money.

Bernard is probably wishing he had saved his money…

He must really

Without a doubt. if I was some performer or entertainment technician who’s been sitting at home for the past 11 months unable to work. With no sign of being able to work again any time soon, I’d be a bit pissed off with RTE taking the piss about people going to gigs inside giant bubbles.

7 Likes

If you told us 15 months ago we’d all spend new years Eve at home watching a duet between Mundy and a Scientist we probably wouldn’t have believed it

1 Like

Claire is filling the light entertainment slot that Tubridy abandoned.

1 Like

This could be a full thread of its own

Where to? Aren’t all the usual options equally fucked economically?

1 Like

I think that this notion of us being fucked financially and in for years of pain is questionable, particularly in the case of a global pandemic like this.

We found 84 billion for the banks only 10 years ago, and the pre pandemic talk was of a strong economy. Also money is only as good as the confidence that’s in it and if the various economic gaps need to be propped up with this notional national debt concept then so be it. I would imagine that the economies of the world want to stimulate spending as much as possible.

That’s not to say that this can continue indefinitely, and that economies will be flying afterwards but I don’t believe that governments would seek to curtail economic activity even more post Covid.

3 Likes

The likes of Ray Darcy and Joe Duffy didn’t need a pandemic to become intoxicated by their own celebrity.

Found it behind the couch if I remember correctly without any impact to taxation whatsoever.

1 Like

There was an impact on taxation. Of course. But Covid expenditure is likely to be a lot less than that.

Also it’s a different scenario. Key thing this time is to boost the economy, previously it was to contract it.

I’d agree with that. All of Europe and all of the western world really are going to be in the same boat, bar NZ and Australia I suppose. There is no reason to think we will be any worse off than the EU, UK and North America. It’s strange to me how despite being “the most open and international economy in the world” Irish people seem to completely forget the international context we are in.

3 Likes

Erm , the troika “found “ 84 billion ( or whatever it was ) for the banks .

For the German bondholders… Shur the EU was set up to enrich the stronger economies and what happened to us was textbook… Secure the bondholders and saddle us with debt. You’ve lads here that think we’re equal members of the EU because we got a few roads. It’s like saying a leech and its host are equal partners.

4 Likes

Didn’t a large amount of it come from our pension reserve fund? I’m assuming this hasn’t been replaced since then and the items this was intended to cover will need to funded from a different source.

It’s only pretend money lads, we can lash it out now because the Germans are letting us. It was different in 2008. They wanted us to the cut our cloth