Coronavirus - Here for life (In high population density areas)

IMO lashing out at teachers today. Beautiful.

innovation and agility shown by healthcare workers not reciprocated

The R
The R
The R I A

One day you will walk down the aisle to hear those beautiful words “this is your captain speaking”

I saw a post last night with someone saying that Luke was gonna be on #cblive in a plastic bubble. I naturally assumed it was said in jest. I cannot comprehend that it was real. Claire Byrne Live is meant to be a news and current affairs show - can you imagine something like that going on on Newsnight? Good grief.

And now I see those Liveline tweets.

My head is going to explode.

8 Likes

Admire some of the British boffins who don’t seem as prone to hysterics as some our own lot.

5 Likes

That programme was done when she broadcasted from her shed

556/68

2 Likes

McConkey says five years before restrictions are lifted fully there on the last word

I can’t wait.

Pints by valentines

Kevin Doyle has a piece in today’s independent calling for journalists to take off the Green jersey. This is from a man who had led this green jersey brigade for 11 months.

If anyone who pays the fiver for indo copy and paste it then I’d like to read it but I won’t be giving them the fiver.

I think he predicted it could take 10 years for a vaccine or there may never be one. This despite the fact he had collaborated with many who came up with Oxford/Astra zeneca one. He also predicted anywhere from 80-120K deaths. I’m glad he predicted 3-5 years as I can revise downwards by a factor of at least 15-20 his current prediction. It must be tough going for many who think this man has an ounce of credibility.

17 Likes

The worst thing is that you can be guaranteed he won’t be asked if it’s proportionate to have restrictions on mass gatherings or aviation for that length given the real impact of Covid.

I thought myself that when I saw that the press officer make that request for no questions outside a certain term of reference that it was a bit passive aggressive. Maybe it could be a turning point. Holohan can do no wrong in the eyes of many but that is due to media upkeep of his image heretofore and putting him on a pedestal over an impotent government that many deeply mistrust. Maybe now they will do their jobs. It only took a young female journalist from Lithuania who was an intern a couple of years ago to show them the way…

4 Likes

I’ve posted before how I think Claire Byrne Live is a shit show. The contrived pre Covid debates irked me. Starting from the position that there are two sides to the story when plenty of the issues shouldn’t have been up for debate at all. Here’s Michael Healy Rae to argue in favour of drink driving for rural inhabitants. The other side will be represented by the parent of a child who was killed by a drunk driver. That type of shite. Plus she’s not very good at her job, she isn’t perceptive, doesn’t pick up on responses that she should be all over during interviews and so on. But…

…But I’ve come to the realisation that it isn’t trying to be Prime Time or Newsnight. It’s more of a topical news items show for people with a passing/general interest than a pure current affairs programme for people well versed in the issues. Hence the short and tabloid style segments. There must be a series producer and team behind the scenes that think this format works and complements Prime Time and RTE’s other output.

But, yes, it’s crap.

10 Likes

The lads here would disagree, they’re all still watching it religiously

Lads stop watching RTE. Seriously. Ye won’t regret it.

11 Likes

I’m watching the tail-end of BBC News here. Very cold in the UK.

Imagine constantly talking about the latest from McConkey and Luke like it matters. Torturing themselves. What’ll be will be.