Coronavirus - Close the Airports

The hikikoromi on here will be able to answer that.

You reckoned the UK cost lives by binning the herd immunity approach. You’ve no more a clue than the likes of @anon7035031.

You’ve mentioned this before. Can you pull up the post where I said that?

You’re misrepresnting what I said through ignorance or stupidity (odds on it’s the latter) but sure fire it up and we can see.

1 Like

My money is on both.

Incorrect, nobody has said that. Going for herd immunity quickly was always going to result in more deaths in the short term. The final tally of deaths and death rates in various countries remains to be seen, but countries that achieve herd immunity faster are at an advantage of getting back to some semblance of normal.

The main issue @Enrique, @ironmoth and myself are talking about is the impact of shutting down the global economy. The deaths the lockdown for as long as it takes crowd don’t want to consider are the deaths due to economic collapse, and the impact on society in terms of depression, suicide, crime, etc. In terms of GDP contraction, we are already at -30% in the US for Q2 (I suspect Europe is worse). The last time we saw that kind of collapse was 1929 - 1933.

1 Like

The latest from the CDC is that the virus is not spread easily by touching surfaces and the primary mode of infection is being close to an infected person.

No doubt this will change back next week.

For 15 minutes?

Or 2 hours?

Liberal media won’t recognise Florida’s success

2 Likes

But that wouldn’t suit all the sanitation experts that have popped up all over the country selling the solution(literally).

It’s hard to see how a virus could live for 4 days on cardboard alright.

Why couldn’t they just increase the exam halls and no of invigilators? Surely there are plenty of community halls and locals sports halls across the country that could have catered for it? There’s plenty of teachers being paid by the state for doing nothing that could have been redeployed as invigilators during this. A bit of logistical planning could have seen it go ahead.

1 Like

Surely crime is at an all time low though?

With no junior cert wouldn’t they already have had plenty of class rooms? I can’t imagine any of the teachers wanted this to be honest.

Anyway guys, I feel if we’d be better served rounding on Science and how it continues to look like a bigger mug as every day passes?

Where’s the vaccine?
Where’s the antibody testing?
Why can’t they tell us how infectious it actually is and what the breakdown generally is between symptomatic and asyptomatic?
What’s the story with immunity?

It looks like the cat has got the tongue of the smartest kid in the class.

I doubt teachers wanted this. But they have been very good at road blocking any other options as they were suggested. Every teachers union rep on the radio was brilliant at shooting things down. Very little in the way of suggestions though…

1 Like

That’s this week’s best guess from them is it? Cool.

2 Likes

:clap::clap: This is the bit I don’t get… All the science and technology, all the platforms available for experts to communicate with each other… Yet here we are 7 months in and there’s still more questions than answers.

Trust the Investment bankers

4 Likes

absolutely not

We’ll have to get lads out from under the bed so.