Coronavirus - the deadly virus that no one dies from

I’m baffled
On a scale of 1 to10 how offended were you by Mikes post?

I’m not condoning the sentiment but it’s quite tame really, I don’t understand the mob stance, maybe I’ve missed a lot of this thread and @mikehunt is hardline one way or other

He got outraged without reading the article.

I’m chilled as fuck kid.

The gymnastics are even more impressive in here.

Very sad.

I don’t think anyone should be offended by something @mikehunt posted. I’d agree with him on some points, disagree on others. You roll with the punches, slag him about screaming at his mother, and move on.

It’s just a bit fucked up to see him using someone’s death as vindication for his own views on coronavirus. Also, the repeated references to a “stupid fat racist yank” is a bit much, especially as some could view his use of “yank” as disparaging.

As for the “mob stance”, you surely see the irony in this, right? The “mob” that’s viewed by some here as far-right are closer to the centre than you give them credit for. You’re firmly hitching your wagon to a low-empathy, far-left mob that likes to laugh off comments others take offence to, and defend the posters that make them.

No I was not. I said that the attempts to save the seriously ill and elderly had failed miserably. Three and a half months on from my post, which seems to have caused you some serious bother, do you regard the lockdown as having been a huge success in saving the lives of seriously ill and elderly people? Do you see the fall-out of the government’s response to coronavirus (i.e. economic destruction, increases in domestic violence, increases in suicide, etc.) as having been worth it?

it’s been done bud. Life is too short.
You’re well capable of being edgy yourself.

The recent escalation of the left vs right shtick is very tiresome

It’s gone from Sid vs Labane to Labane/Maroon and yourself vs Mikehunt/Glas and Laz and it’s fucking everywhere.

1 Like

The internet is serious business.

I’m sticking to analyzing defensive mistakes like a pundit. I’m about 2 minutes away from getting out a video editor and drawing circles on the screen a la Johnny Giles back in the day

1 Like

:rofl:

Don’t be emoji guy

Harry has that market sown up.

1 Like

I’m trying to edge in on @iron_mike gif corner. I’m expecting an ekneecapping any minute

1 Like

“Hahahahahahahahahahahaha” would have been a bit much.

Sorry mate, I don’t believe I’m hitching my wagon to anything, I haven’t a strong opinion on coronavirus measures at all, either way, I think I’ve been clear in the past,
I do feel that it’s ironic that a fella who was blatantly and proudly defying all advice on avoiding contracting the virus has passed away from it, it’s not something that anybody should glory in but it’s an interesting story.

I just don’t understand how a few of the lads here are so outraged by that, I read terrible things about dead people here almost every day, yet Mike is being told to log off for a while to calm down and all that type of fake bullshit dressed up as concern, painful to read, clearly a hangover from other threads I suppose,

3 Likes

Who exactly was doing this? If you’re referring to me, I can assure you I followed the advice of competent epidemiologists from the off. I refuse to slavishly follow the advice of people of low morals. The sorts that would, for example, promote the covering up of medical scandals. I’ve remained healthy throughout the pandemic, and hope to continue doing so.

My take on Mike being told to log off is that he was delighting in someone’s death. This doesn’t need to be a grey area. It’s black and white. You either support that sort of carry on, or you don’t.

4 Likes

I’m talking about the dead fella in America mate,
I respect your views, I’d be surprised if you were on Facebook (I could finish here) boasting about going into a crowded bar or whatever yer man was up to

1 Like

Sorry pal. Thought you were having a go in a blind rage I missed the “passed away” bit.

Sure I know what you’re like

1 Like

You have a fantastic appreciation of the Oxford manner.