Coronavirus - the deadly virus that no one dies from

On this point, it was very noticeable the amount of Northern accents amongst the departing passengers during the week. At least 50% appeared to be from the north.

Travel without restriction to safe countries, especially within the EU. Testing/mandatory 14 day isolation for those travelling from unsafe countries, with fines for breach.

No. They travelled from Iraq having been stuck there through the crisis.

On a three week sun holiday were they?

No problem I stand corrected.

I was adding to @Julio_Geordio’s point about how, with cases being so low, one or two individuals/families can spike the numbers to make it seem like a trend.

I would be a little wary about naturalized Irish people (or any other people) coming from the likes of Pakistan, India, Iran, Philippines etc or America and spreading the virus. The quarantine advice needs to be stronger from certain countries.

I don’t think anyone is privy to the reasons for their travel. I have two friends who travel to work in Iraq regularly in normal times, they’re not Iraqi.

Always the same this time of year

You should write to the multiple news outlets that called them Iraqi nationals and an Iraqi family living in Sligo … we cant have them making this horrible mistake.

Was that reported? Oooft for glad if so. That seems an awful breach of privacy. The family should certainly complain to the press ombudsman or whatever you complain to about newspapers.

Yes — They were getting a lot of racial abuse after they were outed as carriers of this lethal virus.

Reporting someone’s nationality is a breach of privacy?

1 Like

The towel around his head, camel hair between his legs and sand between his toes more or less gave his nationality away anyway … Be like you rocking up with a Guinness and pack of tayto and saying you’re Swiss … hahahahahaha

Disgusting post

1 Like

You’re saying you dont ate Tayto?

Because it was in the news reports

@glasagusban has made some show of himself here

An awful clamping for glas here. Hard to see a way back for him.

A family member willingly spoke to the press and divulged a lot of information. He obviously felt it necessary in order to stem the racist abuse they were getting.

1 Like

Hard to believe they’d get racist abuse during this time of crisis. There’s a lot of fear around.

People from Connaught are inherently backwards and racist