Coronavirus - the deadly virus that no one dies from

The people are finally coming to their senses by the looks of it. Probably for the best this happened if it leads to public anger

1 Like

Ah for fuck sake.

Any semblance of leadership in this when out the window when Dr Tony stepped aside

These lads are just making it up as they go along. No one at a sporting event is ridiculous, could easily have 500+ in a county ground

I’d love to know how many people caught Covid by standing beside someone outside at a match. My guess is 0

Tourist attractions, playgrounds etc are open and packed to the gills the last few weeks, but the answer to an uptick in cases is to stop a handful people going to watch a match.

What fuckin planet are these lads on.

22 Likes

So far detached from reality it is crazy. If this was France or any other self respecting country there would be riots on the streets. Unfortunately every decision hinges on a creaking health service and that will be the precursor for how we move on or alternatively remain stationary while the rest of Europe moves back to normality. The restrictions on movement of elderly looks like its predicated on how the granddads and grandmothers fill the void of an under par childcare system in this country. The powers that be know that many of these elderly people collect these kids from school and mind them for a few hours. The next few months look ominous and there looks to be a complete lack of leadership, plan or any semblance of accountability.

5 Likes

It’s time for Paddy to decide if he’s a man or a mouse.

2 Likes

British rule. 800 years. Dublin Castle. 2 drunkards. sticks.

We all know the drill. Paddy will take this

9 Likes

How can we make country people mad?

Let’s stop them going to GAA matches and stop them having a pint.

We’ll see how that goes.

I was on a beach earlier with about 400 people. It’s a farce at this stage

The only thing I can think of in relation to a potential risk is people flocking to a small shed when it is raining and hence everyone being in close proximity.

I do wonder though how many, if any, cases have resulted from such a situation.

1 Like

Wheres yere game on tonight?? :thinking: :thinking:

There will be some run on teleporters.

2 Likes

That is crux of it. They had six months to get this right and still won’t trust their own systems.

Flatten the curve mantra is now gone.

Cnoc an Doire

2 Likes

This is off the wall stuff altogether. A rash of outbreaks for the most part in factory settings and workers working and living in crap conditions and they stop a small handful of people going along to watch a game in a stadium or ground that is 98% empty anyway.

an absolute tinpot banana republic

The Brits had a decent crowd in for the snooker final the last day. And that was indoors in a confined area.

Seems like it’s backwards we are going.

1 Like

however bad it is for the GGA, its a lot worse for professional sports not being allowed to have crowds

1 Like

Fuck this, minor hurling county final tomorrow night. Biggest game these youngfellas have played and no family allowed in. Shambles.

2 Likes