Coronavirus - the deadly virus that no one dies from

That’s really shit @caulifloweredneanderthal on both fronts. I’d be raging in your situation too.

There have been claims that a person in the group had tested positive for Covid-19 but this was not revealed to others until Sunday.

Probably not what they wanted to hear when they woke up with a stinking hangover on the Sunday.

Try and stay calm for your wife buddy.

1 Like

I’m grand and calm mate. I held it in. I rang the doctor back for the fourth time and had a nice chat with him. He doesn’t have the system in place to make a referral. I believe him and don’t blame him. We will ring our GP first thing Monday and get it sorted. Things could be much worse. My friends in Dublin are reeling from the news of their friend passing.

PS when I lose my calm it is generally in a very private manner. Like I kicked a fucking computer printer before and smashed the door off it. Threw a phone at a wall. Stupid shit. But not generally in the presence of others. But it’s something I don’t like in me. It might only happen once every three years or something. Appreciate the message Mike, thanks mate.

4 Likes

Head out for a 5k use the anger as fuel to bring you up the leaderboard

1 Like

No I’ve gone to Aldi to get some bits for the Mrs and am in the car now to go home. I got some new craft beer there I hadn’t seen before and will log it.

I’m gonna clean the bike and put new tyres on it later. I’ll hopefully get a dodgy stream of the Liverpool game. I’ll be around the house today if the Mrs needs me. Tomorrow I will exercise.

1 Like

Have you ever tried shoving your thumb up your hole?

2 Likes

Yes mate. There is pleasure to be obtained in the darkest places…

2 Likes

How many close contacts have you had? If your wife tests positive then you’ll have to be traced

Ring an out of hours gp

I’ve had very few. I’m WFH since March.

We genuinely don’t think she will be positive

More than likely but the worry is natural enough. We were sure my auld wan had it. She was waiting 3 weeks for a result.

Sorry to hear that. RIP.

You are still allowed to be annoyed re your own situation.

2 deaths 23 cases. I make it twelve cases in Dublin, couple in Kildare, two in Limerick, 1 in Sligo, 1 in Kerry, 3 in Galway, 2 in Wicklow.

1 Like

20 odd cases a day among young people would be grand I’d have thought.

Confirmations are beginning to be rescheduled it seems.

Confirmation in the parish of D/B rescheduled for mid August.

29 kids getting it. Each child is allowed to have 2 people in the church. So 1 parent and a sponsor I assume. That’s 87 people in the church. Priest, Bishop and Camera man make it up to 90. Add in a few singers for the choir I suppose and you’re nearing the 100 capacity.

At least I won’t have to go shopping for an outfit :slight_smile:

Be ideal miss the boring confirmation part and arrive on for the craic after

Its on a Sunday though and I can’t take the Monday off :upside_down_face:

Is there any evidence that the pubs opening has had any impact whatsoever? Anything I’m hearing is coming from house parties which will only rise if the pubs close again

Edit: Meant for the other thread

No bother to a young buck like you