Coronavirus - the deadly virus that no one dies from

One parent

Correct

NO SPECTATORS at sessions or any congregation on sidelines or at sign in.
Up to Under 18 level one parent or guardian can remain where they consider it necessary for the welfare of their own child. But parents must ensure to adhere to social distancing rules and avoid congregation

Same rule for matches

Level is the catcher there.

1 Like

The poor bastards who took on the team admin job this year is who I feel sorry for.

At least they can go to the games.

I know someone who accompanied their 17 year old son who is on the senior panel into a match yesterday.
The people at the gate had no issue with it.

They’d have been wrong by the letter of the law, but a good way to work around it I thought.

I will say this, anyone on the gate isnt going to get involved in the argument of stopping a parent attending the game of a minor for fear of what could come out of it.

1 Like

Loads of conversations at breakfast tables between fathers and their seventeen year olds

“You useless bastard. If you were Senior I could go to the games”

3 Likes

Sure the GAA have the bejaysus scared out of volunteers when it comes to child protection. No one is going to argue the point.

I havent heard a word from them on Whatsapps recently…

So you can go to the game?

Wouldn’t be many examples of that though, isn’t it the case you have to be overage for u17 to play adult? So that lad will be turning 18 in the next 4 months.

Ah stop :rollseyes:

Any more.details.you can share on this one? Sounds intriguing.

He’s a teacher so shares the same sense of entitlement as corrupt FFG politicians.

You for real? What in the fuck would there be to control at an u12s match that adults can’t manage for themselves? Its so seemingly bad it needs banning- what is it?

He must be laughing at the money he’ll make at Christmas with his book

My elderly aunt was enquiring as to where she could get Tony Holohans address to send him a thank you card and to wish him well.

That’s what your dealing with in Ireland

2 Likes

I spoke with a well known GAA coach this morning, operating at a much higher level now but he’d have had underage teams for years, said he’d welcome having the kids without the parents, feels it would benefit them as well? Apparently dealing with parents regularly is one of the main pitfalls of coaching underage teams? Thoughts?

1 Like