Coronavirus - the deadly virus that no one dies from

The admin involved in running under age teams is the killer. Add Covid into the mix and it’s a pain for anybody to do never mind do in their free time.

1 Like

Id imagine some groups have parents who overstep the mark alright but been fortunate not to have too many of them. Just as bad if not worse are the parents who dont do enough tho. Take no interest in the kid’s involvement. Drop and run for training and matches. Some see it as a burden on their weekend to the point weve a number of kids who were never present for away matches, only home games.

2 Likes

Apparently you can go all along

or the parents that are only there in the weeks leading up to the regatta

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

10 Likes

@KinvarasPassion Could you pm me the details of the quack in the Dublin mountains please?

Been involved with underage Teams for the past 6 or 7 years and never had an issue with parents.
As @LionelRitchie suggests a lack of interest in probably a bigger hindrance than being over bearing. But again that will come back to the level/club you are coaching at and the expectations of the parents.

I set the bar low early on. Tell them their kid is useless and if it wasn’t for me they wouldn’t be able to put one foot in front of the other. Any progress they make after that then is seen as a reflection on how great a coach I am.

30 Likes

And how is Kev keeping?

9 Likes

In the dentist and had to fill out the ole form. Thougjt to myself the have you travelled to chine South Korea Iran or any other affect region quesrion is a bit outdated.

Yes it should really read Laois and Kildare at this stage

did big phil engage the US in " ground hurling"?

1 Like

no
coached kids in gah and soccer and now gah again and never ever had an issue with parents
in soccer if there is an issue the kids and parents will fuck off to another club, it can shut must complaints up tbh, as if little johnny dosent make it at an open trial then he’ll just come back to tail in legs- gaa you are stuck with what you have but no - asking a fella who is giving you grief, would he mind volunteering next weekend or does he want to help out is a great leveller as well,

1 Like

I was in kildare village 2 weeks ago, didn’t declare it. Dont tell the dentist

1 Like

147 cases. 0 deaths

We won’t be as much under the bed at Christmas, as buried under a bunker.

1 Like

Dont worry. Big Phil has a sand wedge to dig us out

147 v 56 & 57 the previous Mondays

Tell me why, I don’t like Mondays…

The HSE must have been told they have to work Sundays

There were 10k tests on Friday. I suppose some are related to this?