Coronavirus - the deadly virus that no one dies from

Open the pubs. Rise outdoor event numbers to 500.

End statement

1 Like

Countries that prioritised the economy over public health will have a bigger price to pay and a longer recession.

Is that a fact?

Well they have more fatalities so I would consider that a bigger price. Maybe you place more value on material wealth.

It’s a very nuanced discussion.

2 Likes

And are you including fatalities from a bigger recession, stopping cancer screening, mental health issues from people being isolated, losing their jobs into that?

1 Like

It’s far too early to draw any conclusions mate

TFK. The home of nuance

Despite the protestations of the doom merchants there will be an economic recovery. There always is after a recession. Hardly jumping to conclusions.

It’s a short step from nuance to nonce.

4 Likes

They could definitely look at putting some nuance into the outdoor crowd rules. 100 people in a small field and 100 in Croke Park are very different. Maybe base it as a percentage of total capacity

When will the first of the reparation payments from Chi-Na start to filter through?

It’s 200 people currently but your point is correct. Any field with a grass bank along the side can hold 500 with social distancing comfortably observed

1 Like

This Horan cunt needs to earn his corn here.

Couldn’t agree more.

Can we put in a call for to Frankeen? He’d bend Micheal over St Patricks Bridge in 20 minutes. We’d have it at 1000 by tomorrow morning.

2 Likes

Please Doherty on morning Ireland this morning made clean shit of a few aspects of the government’s recovery plan, particularly the tax refund for tourism thing. Basically outlined that only those paying higher rates of tax get this subsidy, which really makes no sense at all. I’ve no idea why this method is preferable to giving vouchers which everyone would get equally. @tallback @gilgamboa?

1 Like

To unlock savings which have risen substantially?

4 Likes

Good answer, but if you’re trying to stimulate demand you shouldn’t really be excluding people.

I reckon if you give vouchers people would use them and the money is spent by the government whereas the tax relief has to be applied for and they hope that people will forgot to claim and the goverment save that money