Coronavirus - the deadly virus that no one dies from

Just reduced the VAT rate on hotel rooms under 120 a night to 0% and same on food…

The alternative appears to be no restrictions which we can’t allow so we lock them up for good. What’s your proposal? I reckon most pubs would be happy with a return to business on that basis.

By the tone of your post where you were telling us all to grow up I assumed you were saying that these were long term measures which I don’t think are sustainable. If you meant just in the short term then what you posted are what’s already happening for those that are open and what is planned to happen for the other pubs that will reopen hopefully on the 10th.

Don’t jinx it mate

2 Likes

So you’ve nothing at all to contribute?

Yeah maybe - the hissy fit the industry pulled the last time their “temporary” VAT reduction was pulled off them though prob meant no gov would put themselves in that position again

You posted a long think piece there about how you think pubs and restaurants should open with some restrictions. I was just trying to tease out whether you meant whether this should be long term or not. Don’t answer if you don’t want to.

I lost my cheque with my €30 motor insurance refund. I suspect it got dumped during a hurried tidy up

1 Like

Get it re-issued.

1 Like

They’d probably charge a €40 administration fee

That is what is interesting me on this point. I have heard nothing from my own insurer and have it on my to-do list for this afternoon. My car is going for a makeover on Monday and I will have a short term hire so taking the opportunity to follow up

Is this rebate only applicable to a holiday taken after October?

Who are you with? Ive heard FA from Aviva

One of the niche operators

:grin::grin:

20 cases today. How many more times can they roll out the fear factor like they did last week?

Deaths?

0 (Zero)

1 Like

Pray for Europe