Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

oh i agree ironmouth here,
they will die and that is the sad reality, but i thought we* were all concerned because Covid was just accelerating the process?

*in it together, etc

because aside from that given the tiny mortality and hospitilisation rates in general population i’m not sure what all these measures are for

my little one’s 2nd attempt was cancelled last friday with 24 hours notice :angry:

1 Like

You’re all bastards.

1 Like

the power of christ compels me to put this one up instead!

thats an underestimation of her reaction when she found out it was cancelled for a second time

It’s funny - Martin signalled Cork City will be locked down next week and not the county.

It may make sense but if it makes sense for Cork it makes sense for Donegal and Dublin.

Ciaran looks like an interesting chap

1 Like

Leave limerick alone ye cunts. We’re grand

I think half the country have Stockholm Syndrome at this stage. They are actually choking for another national lockdown. And for 6 months rather than 3 this time. No fear if people won’t be able to pay their bills or put food on the table. At least we’ll eventually get COVID cases down to single figures. Sure that’s the main thing.

2 Likes

Idle bastards.

Only a matter time before pubs and restaurants close you’d imagine.

1 Like

“get ahead of the virus”…

Maybe we can catch it on a corner like in F1

1 Like

I haven’t really been following this but I thought the rate was dropping in Limerick?

Limerick has stabilised due to being locked down…wait a minute…

No, Limerick is fine. Cork is next to fall, albeit Cork City only

1 Like

It doesn’t necessarily if you’re a country but that’s another story.

You’re 100% right that the lowest paid are bearing the brunt of it. After the last few months and all the discourse on how it’s been the lowest paid that have been the most indispensable and how we need to reconsider how we value work in light of that, it’s fucking sick that the low pay commission come up with barely recommending a 1% increase to the minimum wage.

I don’t agree with the principle that because some people are suffering the ones who aren’t should be made to suffer too. In general though I’d be happy to pay more tax for a more equal society.

1 Like

Haven’t checked into this thread in a good while, has there been any shift in the mood of the forum, any softening of stances etc?
Genuine question

OIUTF

4 Likes