Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

I think you’re confusing nphets responsibilities with the governments.

What do you see Nphets responsibilities as being then mate?

Count the numbers incorrectly just?

Not paying meat processing workers for sick leave anyway

You’re on a wind up, I’ll leave you at it.

You said nphet should ensure all meat factory workers get paid for sick leave . And you think I’m on a wind up?

3 Likes

They should advise the government to put in measures to ensure they are absolutely looked after rather than clocking into work sick.

They’re advising about a lot worse.

I haven’t any recollections of lockdowns in 1968. There was the usual winter flu outbreak but no cause for alarm. In response to TUM, while born in the 40’s my memory of anti-TB events are zero, apart from there being a fever hospital in Mohill that was little used, fell into decline and was closed in the mid-50’s.

4 Likes

Theres a scheme already in place if you get covid or are unable to work, the government give you money. The pandemic unemployment payment. Are you aware of it?

Nphet are not a workers union.

You don’t get the payment for calling in sick mate

You get it if you have covid don’t you? Do you want the government to pay for all sick days? Mondays would be expensive

My cattle agent was telling me that the lads working in the meat plants were standing in the cooler room for 10 minutes each morning before their temperature check if they had an auld hot flush. Larry is a solutions man!

2 Likes

Incorrect, watch RTE

We were discussing opinions on TFK.

NPHET should have been demanding the shut down of the meat plants. Instead they kept cribbing about already closed pubs.

4 Likes

That’s a load of bollox about the meat plants. How many meat plants in Dublin and Donegal.

Not talking about them being in dublin and donegal but the ones with cases were allowed to do what they liked.

2 Likes

They kept the meat plant open but closed the entire county it was in

4 Likes

Food productions is far more important than skulling pints, lads.

6 Likes

As someone said the meat plants probably weren’t the problem per se . A lot of the folk staffing these plants were living together in big numbers in small confines

Modestly famous person Stefanie Preissner posted a clip of South William Street in Dublin today with an accompanying dig at the people going about their business. Heartening to see the response to her attempted shaming of folk.

5 Likes