Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

Smell a rat here, Donnelly takes a dive to deflect from his crap new “plan.”
All the media talk will be about the government going into self isolation and not on the “plan.”
He avoids questions for a week then rises like a bald phoenix with a negative test.

4 Likes

The 2 weeks over the Christmas will be crucial.

2 Likes

Meehawl will go down as a spectacularly bad Taoiseach. Even allowing for a pandemic. I see O’Cuiv was sharpening the knife for him again today. He’s a complete lame duck.

That man talks a lot of sense.

“Louth’s increase I believe stems from a couple of families in and around Drogheda who went on holidays to Greece (on the green list) but who mixed with tourists from other hotspots and contracted Covid. The mixture of being asymptomatic and there being no 14-day quarantine has led to increased numbers.”

From my source

1 Like

They even had months to come up with this latest plan and it’s all over the place.

1 Like

Months coming up with it and they were already muddling the phases before the announcement was over.

What kind of a mickey mouse country do ye have there at all lads?

Lads, I can confirm from an ex-forumite, that there has been a callback and there may be new new rules coming.

1 Like

That position has been filled.

3 Likes

Bottom line is, any of these phases/restrictions/guidelines to ‘suppress the virus’ are completely unworkable and unsustainable. The numbers aren’t going to go down unless we lock down fully and even that is doomed to failure as we found out earlier in the summer. It’s just delaying the inevitable.

Herd immunity is our only way out.

5 Likes

That interview on the six o’clock news by Martin was one of the worst I have seen for a while.

“But it’s on Page 15!”

1 Like

Kildare, Offaly and Laois went into restrictions similar to Level 3.

Dublin, with worse case levels, somehow are excused from Level 3.

Bizarre.

1 Like

The reality is and I’m not trying to have a pop off them here. Those counties are not important. Dublin is. If Dublin closes the country grinds to a halt. If Limericks cases had continued as we were and Dublin’s had fallen, we’d be in lockdown now

1 Like

Dublin needs to start sticking up for itself from bog mullackers like yourself

The jackeens would want to start washing their hands so.

2 Likes

That is it in a nutshell .

Sure they are washing their hands with raw sewage over there. Trying to steal the Shannon water then the dirty bastards