Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

Is there any figures breaking down by tea eggs and current buns ???

tenor (55)

how long before that did the cases peak?

About the same time, due to the delays in testing etc.

Either way, 6 weeks is quite a long runway to cite.

it is an outbreak.

heā€™s very worried anyway

Iā€™m sure he is but itā€™s a bit OTT - ā€œin just 6 weeksā€.

Itā€™s kind of the same in Ireland.

In the space of exactly a month we went from 20 cases of Covid to nearly 900 cases in hospital between mid March to mid April.

In the space of exactly a month we went from 20 cases of Covid to 90 cases in hospital between August 20th to September 20th.

I am not underplaying the risk at all but during flu season we can actually see hundreds of admissions a week with the flu. For example;

Last week the health service recorded 254 hospital admissions of patients suffering from the flu, up from 151 the previous week.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/nine-die-with-flu-related-illness-as-flu-hospital-admissions-rise-hse-says-1.3761750#:~:text=Last%20week%20the%20health%20service,the%20last%20week%20of%202018.

1 Like

I guess a mix of flu season and the pandemic still here has them extremely worried.

Itā€™s a fair worry but as I said, the run rate he mentions is interesting as that is actually quite a bit of time away which is interesting in terms of what they are modelling. Heā€™d be talking in terms of worst case scenario.

In terms of the flu, better take up of the vaccine along with social distancing will hopefully help. Flu has dropped off massively in the likes of New South Wales.

all attempts to model and predict the virus have failed miserably (that I am aware of). I guess politicians are throwing out the next x amount of weeks line as that is what politicians generally do when they havenā€™t a clue.

Itā€™ll take x weeks. x weeks later. it will take x weeks. Not just for the virus. For everything.

The travel restrictions that people lost jobs over, had their social welfare cut over and had people losing thousands in holidays they never went on, was just ā€œadviceā€.

The North double the previous record. Lads will be saying theyā€™re on some caffeine induced steroids to set those kind of stats. Must be a lot of asthmatics up North!

Ulster says No (to PPE and social distancing)

1 Like

Pray for the wee six

470 cases

1 death

198 in Dublin
61 in Cork
36 in Donegal
19 in Kildare
19 in Limerick
12 in Kerry
11 in Galway
11 in Meath
10 in Roscommon
9 in Cavan
9 in Clare
9 in Kilkenny
9 in Longford
9 in Offaly
9 in Westmeath
8 in Louth
7 in Tipperary
7 in Wexford

Remaining 17 in 7 counties

College Court feeling the weight of the law

Kerry in bother

The guards would be keeping an eye on College Court at the best of timesšŸ˜…

1 Like

I wonder have they found out who knicked my laptop

Campus security finally feeling empowered with some thick Templemore novice in tow shining a flashlight and wagging a finger.