Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

They’ve two single beds like my granny and grandad before they died

Ballpark what money would you pay for a band for a night?

Max I ever paid 500 for NYE, minimum,eg last night, a few pints.
Anything and everything in between, more variables then figuring out the Ebor.

3 Likes

Do some publicans do it as a loss leader to preserve market share or would you generally break even?

Any good accountant will tell you the ideal would not to have to pay anything to anyone but realistically especially in a bigger town you need a USP, especially as a newer shop, this can go food/craft beer/swank/instafriendliness/ or some combo of all of the above and more. Trends come and go so forging an identity is key.
With that and music in mind, its definitely a loss leader some nights, but you still need it esp during the Summer with tourists and Eastern seaboarders who expect real Irish pubs to be packed every night with music, its what we tell them in the brochures, but with a solid musician/band over the course of time it should pay regardless. Some musicians are more reliable than others, its the younger hungrier ones who draw a crowd I find as oppossed to the ones who maybe/maybe not jammed with Christy Moore or the rolling stones one time and been resting on their laurels ever since.

5 Likes

No wonder they charge so much at weddings when they’re getting buttons in pubs

Wedding bands are another breed altogether. They are generally considered the lowest of the low in the music industry as a rule. Cunts. Just get some lad you know who can play spancill hill on the tin whistle and cut a deal

1 Like

Why would they bother doing it for a few pints?

Wtf :grinning:

The answer you seek is in the very question you ask my friend

2 Likes

It might be time for you to get the guitar out. If you haven’t broken it of course.

Would you give them sick pay if they were isolating waiting for a test?

Sell outs, like they spent years of their lives mastering the lead solo to Hotel California in their bedroom just so they could rip Aoife off on the biggest day of her life

Would you ever fuck off, sell outs :rofl:

Yes of course

I see The Walls were playing the Roisin tonight albeit to a limited audience so I presume live music is back in some kind of form anyway. Is there any rules regarding live music considering singing is considered a high risk activity in spreading the virus? Or is it just limited numbers and away ya go?

And poor Aoife went to listen to them five times before booking them.

2 Likes

Absolute sell outs, any self respecting musician will tell you the same.

1 Like

Sell outs trying to earn a crust? Quit the hypocrite routine ffs.

1 Like

We’ll never see the likes of the Alvin Purple Experience again.

2 Likes