Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

I’m expecting big numbers the next two days

Well the dashboard says 609 positive swabs but they don’t always announce them all on the same day.

What’s the gist of this?

He’s right about wedding bands. They are generally around €2000-25000 to play a wedding but a publican I know told me the most he has ever paid for music in his pub was €500, and he paid it to lads who had a free weekend from playing weddings. The following weekend they went to a wedding and charge 4-5 times that. It is what it is but it must be soul destroying to earn a crust that way, the band who played my wedding I saw them six months later at a relatives and they played an identical set to what they did at mine. I found it especially boring the second time round to be honest.

I don’t take a blind bit of notice of bands at wedding or at my own tbh.

They’re there to amuse women & elderly guests generally.

1 Like

Your band will never play enough waltzes to satisfy your elderly guests

Soul destroying??? They’re playing music to a very appreciative crowd in general, doing it once or twice a week for a few months of the year and trousering about 500 euro,

You must have an amazing job

1 Like

Some of them do it very well too in fairness.
We went without a band for ours. We weren’t having a rake of auld ones at it and we know out friends couldn’t give two fucks about seeing a wedding band
Two friends DJed and the place was hopping all night. Family and friends played the music and sang for the ceremony type thing we had.

Yes well I would personally find it mind numbingly boring playing the same set every Friday and Saturday night of the year feigning enthusiasm to a floor of drunken roasters stamping around the place with their ties around their heads.

Must be why the Beatles never stuck it out

2 Likes

I’d imagine a tiny venue packed with German sailors would be a tougher test than a hotel dancefloor of drunken Micks.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Lads here must be in the most exciting jobs in the world with no repetition at all

1 Like

From reading the site this week, it’s a bunch of IT nerds who have poor Ashutosh doing all the work and shouldering the blame

613 cases

10 deaths

• 224 Dublin
  • 58 Donegal
  • 46 Cork
  • 44 Kildare
  • 31 Limerick
  • 28 Laois
  • 21 Kerry
  • 19 Galway
  • 17 Clare
  • 13 Meath
  • 12 Louth, Monaghan
  • 9 Offaly, Tipperary, Wicklow
  • 8 Cavan, Wexford
  • 7 Carlow, Sligo, Roscommon
  • 6 Mayo
  • 5 Kilkenny, Westmeath
    Remaining 7 cases 3 counties

Last comment but you’d rarely see lads off their heads drunk during the band.

It’s when the DJ starts rocking out AC/DC & Sultans of Ping that shit gets real

1 Like

Askeaton has fallen.

Kerry has gone to shite ever since they thought their blood type made them immune.

1 Like

Get out and have a pint this weekend lads

7 Likes

And again we wait for all those people Prof Nolan assured us we’re getting it in restaurants to stop getting it in Dublin

Higher again tomorrow