Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

Our lads were in a Junior county final at the weekend. They had three seperate huddles before throw in with the entire panel of 30 gathered round, then another huddle for just the subs.

They lost by 4 goals

9 Likes

@Tim_Riggins

And then the GAA giving them 2 extra huddles a game with the water breaks. Even on a day like yesterday when it was fucking biblically wet and cold. Castletown took on The Heath yesterday, it was so cold that 2 of the Castletown backs started the game wearing woolly hats. And 15 minutes later they had a water break :smiley:

1 Like

I think his crowd must have lost it.

I don’t know about you but I don’t want to go to level 5 or level 4 or 3.

We can’t go back.

The North’s health system is supposed to break down in a few weeks too, what gives?

No ability to pay PUP or compensate the businesses they shut down.

The North has recording record levels of Covid over the past week or so.

You have been defending the health system in the 26 from day dot when it’s clear the medical professionals are absolutely shitting it if Covid rises to a high level again.

Fat boy turning his heavily lidded eyes towards slaughneil now. More balanced nuanced scrutiny.

The health system in Ireland coped fine with Covid.

The north’s health system will be overran in weeks apparently.

1 Like

No flu vaccine yet.

NPHET/HSE need to control what they can control.

Not a word… 'tis too raw yet

So you think we should have not played any sport in this country at all? There was no point in staying under the bed and canceling it. Overall it has been a success to get games on, run championships and getting kids out. Not the most ideal having no supporters but it was a compromise that had to be made. My problem is with the people whonare using it to pick holes in some of the issues that came up and finger point at the non compliant.

Pro sports employ people. Lads rely on it to support their families. They are also testing.

That’s the difference from the gaa. It’s very unfair in my opinion.

1 Like

Wheres that from?

99% of clubs have been following restrictions to the tee, maybe OTT. Slips happen and its the finger pointing and blame is my big problem. There are people who are eager to jump on the first sight of not following guidelines, which as you said is fueling the NPHET fire to shit everything down

Big Sam McConkey doing a whistle stop tour of the radio stations here. Looking for a circuit breaker he is.

2 Likes

Pat Kenny was incensed this morning.

Yes but it’s recreational sports causing the issues and then your business is closed down due to restrictions you are going to be very angry and rightly so.

How did your junior championship go?