Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

Civil servants, teachers and a few pensioners. The ā€œim alright jackā€ crowd.

People who are vulnerable or care for the vulnerable?

1 Like

Lovely

The fact that we arenā€™t ventilating as many in ICU anymore from this should hopefully make managing it easier too.

2 Likes

Waterford whinge that they get fuck all and this ginnet top the poll . I know we canā€™t talk in Limerick

Well now :rofl: :rofl:

Guys, what exactly is the difference between Level 5 and the current proposals the government are making other than a few retail shops and the like staying open?

5km travel one is probably most notable one.

None for this mug . I still go to work and I canā€™t go to the pub for a few pints on a Friday and Monday night

Itā€™s a shambles. It was obvious numbers would rise again as things opened up the only unknown was to what extent. But we seem to have spent the summer reducing tracking and tracing capacity and bed numbers when numbers were very low. It beggars belief. And now NEPHET want to shut the country down again. To do what should have been done in the summer when things were relatively under control. The below is from Tonys letter todayā€¦like wtfā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m giving you a like but you need to rein in the reigned in.

1 Like

So why is everyone giving Leo a big high five when they basically just impose a watered down version of what NPHET wanted?

The devil will be in the detail no doubt

:unamused:

This is a good read.

2 Likes

Well-written piece that

:rofl:

9 Likes

@chocolatemice called this months ago in fairness to him ā€¦ I remembering him pointing to Leoā€™s body language when the tougher restrictions were brought in - in a move away from film quotes and poetry Leo more or less hung the lockdown on Tonyā€¦ to the astute you could see the divide back then and that Leo would burn Tony or his own grandmother in a heartbeat.

1 Like

No, actually thereā€™s a very high incidence of a virus that has caused a global pandemic as well.

TFK ā€œnarrativeā€ in danger of losing sight of things again.

Long standing issue in Waterford the quality of public representatives. Leading in turn to having no cabinet ministers. Limerick has done much better in fairness.