Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

The Southsiders are great lads to wash their hands though

Italy about to be removed from the green list. FML my life

The Cork number looks suspiciously low.

1 Like

Your missus will find some way to blame for over it.

Alan Kelly on RTE now suggesting the graphic explaining the 5 levels should be sent to every house in Ireland. I’m sure the advice will have changed by the time that’s organised.

Limerick well down the charts again, with no additional measures taken, it’s almost like these spikes are unrelated to what measures are in place :thinking:

Circling the wagons is extremely effective in containing the Covid.

1 Like

The threat of the pubs not opening worked a treat.

1 Like

I may be killed this evening when I tell her I can’t go

Populations in the counties are so low it only takes one decent sized outbreak/cluster to skew the whole thing

We’ve all made sacrifices.

What about the Greens? They are in this government too.

It took 21 cases in Leitrim to out them second in the 14 day incidence

Are they? You wouldn’t know it

Dr Martin Feeley forced out of the HSE after his article in the in the Times last weekend.

The Junta strikes again.

Dissent is not tolerated.

5 Likes

There is no room for debate anymore. Sit down, shut up and do what you are told

They are cunts too. But they haven’t been in power for the last 100 years so their cuntishness was slightly less predictable.

The coke dealers of South Dublin will not be happy with you.

It isn’t clear though whether these are actually Covid admissions.

According to Jack Lambert, loads of cases are arising now as a result of hospital staff not following PPE procedures.

There were 65 “Covid admissions” into hospitals in the last 14 days according to the latest HPSC report.

However, of 2,524 Covid cases in that time, 2.1% or 53 of these cases were “healthcare setting acquired: patient”.

Is it actually the case then that hospital admissions are being driven by mainly…people already in hospital? 53 patients who contracted it in the hospital environment and 65 overall “admissions”…

I’ve also checked the latest HSE ops report which puts 65 in hospital so it’s not like it’s an undercount.

Whilst the terminology is clear on it being “acquired” in a healthcare setting, of course it could be that these are people who arrived to hospital with Covid and had symptoms, they then tested positive in the healthcare setting so get lumped in there. Against that, could also be people who arrived in for a routine surgery with Covid, being completely Asymptomatic, and test positive. It could also be possible that someone contracts Covid in hospital, tests positive and then is discharged…but would the HSE do that with someone testing positive for Covid?

Either way, questions have to be asked. Of the 65 in hospital, how many actually contracted it in hospital and what does that say about staff following PPE rules? Of the 65, how many have zero Covid symptoms, people who could in for hip surgery for example, but tested positive so are lumped in as “hospitalised”? How many were frail as it was, and Covid is exacerbating the issue?

2 Likes