Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

Arenā€™t you an academic :rofl:

School buildings

2 Likes

What did you think was going to happen, the virus would get bored and go home? Of course the problem was still there.

No mate, Iā€™ve done a small bit of teaching thatā€™s about it. Most of it on here.

1 Like

Does the virus not seem more prevalent now than when we were in lockdown back in March/April/May?

Iā€™ve heard of people I know recently get it, or a close contact who has had far more than the first wave.

Is there not a chance that the second wave that is happening at present is at a much higher rate than the first wave but the majority of it is undetected to it being a younger demographic who are likely asymptomatic?

I know but theyā€™ve increased massively in recent months. Their lockdown started in July and they are still going nowhere.

All young people too.

It certainly is a lot more prevalent where youā€™re from Iā€™d imagine

Leo was playing to the gallery, and thought he knew exactly what he was doing.

Yes. The word exponential on one side of it has the potential to seriously unbalance the equation.

Thatā€™s the governments problem.

They should grow a pair of balls.

Which would be balanced with merited heavy sustained severe lockdowns.

Thereā€™s far less people dying from covid now than back in March/April,

A good example was the 10 deaths last Saturday - 8 of which happened pre September yet were declared in October. I donā€™t understand how thats still happening at this stage. Doesnt seem to bother anyone.

The curve was flattened there is no question.

Iā€™ve an open question re the certification of deaths though and the cloak and dagger antics of dropping a number for same and yet giving no background on them at all.

Yet they can give reems of detail on cases every evening before the news.

A large percentage of the 1800 or so deaths were supposed rather than Covid tested, I find that scandalous.

Itā€™s left wing from where heā€™d be standing

1 Like

Sure. Or, you try and come up with a plan that strikes a balance without getting to either extreme.

Definitely. I know of numerous cases now who are close enough to me whereas Up to August I didnā€™t know a single person who had it.

3 Likes

Yup. Iā€™d say weā€™ll probably be past the worst of this at the start of the new year but weā€™ll be twiddling our thumbs for a year after not realising this.

Covid-19 has cancelled science.

You are spot on. But if FF couldnā€™t manage to turf out the pen pushers back in an era where Bertie was handing out sweets every year thereā€™s not much chance in the present environment

1 Like

FF donā€™t have much interest in it as they donā€™t really give much of a toss about anything as long as the gravy train of career politics keeps chugging onwards.

Definitely I knew of 4 people that I would know well diagnosed in the last 10 days or so, hardly knew anyone up to then.