Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

The government were behind the leak

1 Like

Full lockdown wasnā€™t even necessary ffs, they have it modelled and Nolan basically said it but theyā€™re looking to go back to it (save for the schools).

The issue they have is that they donā€™t know what different interventions actually worked as they never modelled it properly upon reopening, they were too busy sending Guardian articles around about spreads in pubs and looking for more inane rules.

2 Likes

A politician is a born liar.

Tony is another level.

1 Like

Who the fuck thought a Covid programme centring around Ballyer would be a good idea? God bless RTƉ

Why not?

You didnā€™t really answer my question first.

The Green list is going to have, for all intents and purposes, no countries on it apparently.

Nice. A teenage mom in a school uniform there, first Ballyer stereotype box ticked.

Heā€™s playing to a gallery of utter simpletons who think heā€™s the bees knees because he called out declining case numbers when everyone was stuck at home. Many of those people are also sympathetic to him and like his style under the pressure, whilst I can respect that the man is under pressure and can answer a question, that is only a tiny part of his job.

In terms of the message today, he is ā€œconcernedā€ about the growth since Sunday? We all knew it was going to continue to grow. He basically brushed over the fact that Dublinā€™s cases have stabilised and that maybe Level 3 has worked (and many of us here would be wrong if it did!) there so could work elsewhere. He has no time for the Government roadmap and is going to use his media appearances to try and further hammer that he should be running the show.

In terms of the leak and his comments, there was no mea culpa from him on it. As I said, Dr Mary Favier was on Morning Ireland the next day. If he was really concerned about the leak, the first thing heā€™d do is tell us NPHET members to stfu to the media before he has spoken to the Government.

5 Likes

Its only advice mate,

You can fly out to wherever you want to.

I was on a socially distant flight to the Algarve in September from Shannon (non-green list), 7 passengers on board, 4 flight attendents - no restrictions going in or out other than a passenger locater form coming back in,

Donā€™t think you can whinge about that one.

Nikita-Joe, thatā€™s a hell of a name for a girl.

Surely be a reference to Chris O Dowd coming here somewhere.

Iā€™m just laughing at it. Some cheek to be keeping out countries that have better rates than us

2 Likes

In fairness, we got a few texts to restrict movement afterwards which we did for two weeks.

One phone call that was it a week later likes of the Algarve had fuck all cases at the time as well in comparison to here.

Temperature taken going into the hotel - no hassle.

Glad we did it now with all the hysteria here.

tenor (39)

I received no phone calls or texts after travelling.

I know of a couple of people who returned from London for the weekend who did get calls though. I assume they look at the flight details and know well what people are at.

The lunatics who want mandatory quarantines at designated facilities and/or banning aviation need to be asked how many of their close contacts live in London and the likes. Itā€™s ridiculous that we are still seeing this level of discussion in the media.

1 Like

In fairness I thought it was good that they were following up, got 2 or 3 texts giving advice and then a phone call 7 days after coming back kind of thing.

A final text then after 14 days to remind us to keep washing hands etc :grin:

What I found nuts about list was countries that had population of 50m to 60m were blacklisted, eventhough they were locking down affected regions within their countryā€¦

This is laughing matter, Karen wouldnā€™t appreciate you laughing about this.

The threads are starting to be unlocked

Serious health issues in Irish parents from looking at this show.