Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

There is supporting evidence that the virus could have been modified in the Wuhan lab, although itā€™s a big leap from there to suggest it was deliberately released. The Wuhan Institute of Virology is one of the largest coronavirus research centers in the world and houses the largest collection of coronaviruses from bats. They were the oneā€™s who discovered that the original SARS outbreak in 2002 originated from bats. More importantly they have been studying gain of function techniques, which involve enhancing the properties of viruses to try and predict what could cause a future pandemic. They may just have succeeded in that effort.

All in all it points to an accidental release of a virus they were fucking around with.

1 Like

If you were hoping to go surfing on these big waves youā€™d be disappointed.

Itā€™s too much of a coincidence.

Previously SARS escaped from a lab in Beijing a few times didnā€™t it?

1 Like

Does Level 1 exist? How is a county like Sligo not Level 1 as we speak. Incident rate of 9 or whatever it is

Yes, two postdocs were infected in separate incidents in 2004.

1 Like

thatā€™s a top post sir

No it doesnā€™t

https://gript.ie/hse-sacks-doctor-for-saying-coronavirus-less-severe-than-the-flu/

It does in my opinion, you are entitled to your own.

We know.

1 Like

Great input as always

1 Like

My trip to Italy is now dead. De-green listing the place has made the trip impossible from a leave point of view.

Iā€™m fairly dejected now.

It should never have been near any green list in the first place in fairness!

Unlucky.

On the upside, I hear Sligo is lovely at this time of year. Theyā€™d only love a few Dub residents to tip up the N4.

Copper

Does that figure factor in no shows ??

Come to KrakĆ³w instead

Iā€™m considering it.

They should mark no shows as positive. Thatā€™d learn em

Any numbers today?

1890 222222

3 Likes