Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

By allowing these social media behomeths to thrive in our tax haven are we not doing more damage to humankind than if we allowed Lockheed Martin build missiles here

Very well said.

I like twitter for news, native American culture and history… But the amount of scutter that comes up when you’re scrolling through is unreal. I don’t think people even know what they’re arguing about most of the time.

1 Like

Ireland seems to have a serious preponderance of these cunts. This bizarre notion that they are witty/intelligent and desperate need to share it for validation

2 Likes

Academics are the worst by a distance… Pure self preservation.

At least they make arguments. It’s the permanently outraged virtue signallers that are annoying.

The golden age of social media circa 05-08 where you could look at videos of amusing cats and peruse holiday snaps of Sophie from Accounts, before it all got overtaken with politics and bile

1 Like

Endless information drowning out knowledge

2 Likes

The golden days of TFK alright

1 Like

A generation of ultracrepidarians.

McDonkey on Newstalk there this morning. Shane Coleman said “Phillip Nolan’s modelling said we’re looking at numbers of 1,500 by the end of the month if we don’t do anything further, is this what you’re thinking”. “Well Shane I done numbers and modelling 5 weeks ago and my numbers were slightly higher than that”… This lad is unreal. 5,000/day in Dublin alone is not exactly slightly higher.

4 Likes

He was predicting lots of deaths, at start of September, by now too.

Cancel culturev is the rage in 2020

Have these lads nothing better to be doing than going on every radio, TV show and podcast.

Colm Tobin, some ciara wan and Anthony o Connor all appear on my feed. I don’t follow and the can fuck off

For the period between 00:01am 09 September 2020 and midnight on 04 October 2020.

An additional 30 deaths have been notified.

4 between the age of 45-54
5 between the age of 55-64
7 between the age of 65-74
5 between the age of 75-84
8 were aged 85+

The age of the other falls into the unknown category.

Of the total number of 1811 deaths notified to midnight 04/10/2020

1558 were confirmed covid deaths
95 were probable covid deaths
158 were possible covid deaths

1713 of the 1811 had an underlying health condition. 94.59%

Median age of deaths was 83
Mean age of deaths was 81

Age range was 17 to 105

Dublin R number back to 1.0

Level 3 has worked for Dublin. Hopefully we can go back to Level 2 soon and the rest of the country start to take this a bit more seriously.

2 Likes

As I said at time we should have gone to level 3 as a show of solidarity with Dublin.

Who is Anthony O’Connor?, is he a journalist? Had some tweet last night about Feeley saying he thinks his views on Medicine and ICU is flawed? Based on what you clown, you’re a journalist, he has 40 years experience. As said above everyone is now an expert.

Hes a doctor i believe. With a very popular opinion compared to the shannon doc lad would questions what he’s told publicly