Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

Is that because they are just counting anyone that died as dying from Covid? If someone gets killed by a bus but have covid are they counted as a covid death?

thanks

so there was 415 beds in April and thereā€™s only 272 now?

so much for preparing for the second surge

Well done to the government on using the last nine months to ramp up capacity.

Iā€™ve a feeling itā€™s going to freeze over in December for two months.

God will intervene.

It appears that the government no longer have a deal in place for the availability of ICU beds in

Beacon, Bons Cork, Blackrock and Galway Clinic.

The last time we got those beds we scared the virus. @Bandage

We should do this again.

Have the rebuilt the Covid hosiptal at the citywest hotel?

We need to get a few beds in Bruree house. Maybe if we could sober the virus up, it might not be so angry

1 Like

Seems my local subway has been closed.

That was a self isolation centre I think.

The young fella just texted there to say that his class is being quarantined from today until Monday because some lass in the class tested positive. Heā€™s delighted with himself, FIFA 21 is coming out tomorrow.

5 Likes

Heā€™ll be on to you for a few quid for Fifa points.

1 Like

Be carnage if the underground canā€™t run from Kildimo to the city

They ended the lease. Its mustnā€™t be serious yet Leo hasnā€™t donned the scrubs again. :slight_smile:

The quoted number of free beds doesnā€™t include the surge capacity. Also doesnā€™t include the private beds that can be comandeered again so people can moan about how they are a waste of money when they go unoccupied

1 Like

Instead of paying millions to private hospital owners like Oā€™Brien and Goodman, they should temporarily lease any pubs with guesthouse facilities and house lower level COVID-19 patients in them. Pubs wonā€™t be open anyway and the publicans who receive funds for providing facilities wonā€™t be eligible for the PUP. We need a new and innovative approach.

1 Like

Would the bar be open for the patients? That may help people to isolate when they have covid. :slight_smile:

Can only drink outside.

1 Like

I called this first.