Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

Everyone is worried mate. It doesn’t have to be constant.
You’re mirroring the behaviour of the people you’re giving out about

Did you get my point on the immunity sums the other day?

You’re calling people liars at the drop of a hat too. We’re all worried.

I got the sums but I stand over my point too.

Ok mate. Hope you feel better. Genuinely.

This won’t last forever.

Gas cunts

Seems like the ship has been steadied. Nphet don’t want level 5 anymore. I could see pubs open early next week.

Not a hope. They will fully utilise the 3 weeks they have now.

I’d be very surprised if we came out of level three in three weeks. Unless we go to level four that is

Not a hope.

7 day positivity rate is the highest its been since May.

I’d expect 700 cases or so to be confirmed today based on the swab numbers published yesterday.

I guess what doesn’t stack up to me is how NPHET can make a strong level 5 recommendation on Sunday, say all key indicators have deteriorated since then at Wednesday’s press briefing and then ratify the level 3 status at their Thursday meeting. Are they now afraid to make recommendations that may not be welcomed by the government after being scolded in public by Varadkar on Monday night? In which case, what point are they serving?

3 Likes

How could they say everything was fine as was last Thursday and then recommend level 5 on Sunday?

Tony was the frog thrown into boiling water on Sunday, but he has gotten used to the temperature now.

We won’t see Level 2 for a long time I’d reckon.

Hospital admissions are going to be everything for the next 3 weeks. ( hospital admissions of non Nursing Home residents ).

We are looking at Level 4/5 if young or middle aged hospital admissions spike. I don’t think they will to be honest.

Pubs are open

1 Like

Widely speculated that level 5 will come for three weeks when the schools go on midterm break, even getting a mention on morning Ireland.

1 Like

As in they will give the schools a 3 week mid term break?

Dunno. Is midterm a week? Maybe waiting til then to go to level 5 to minimise disruption. Schools supposed to be open for level 5 too though.

Yeah schools “supposed” to stay open in level 5. No chance the unions will stand for it however.

Autumn mid term normally a week I think.

There are two more weeks of teaching before the mid term.

There it is