Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

The question is how many weeks would be needed to make a difference? Then if you open back up and have another wave again in early December do you then have to lock down again over Christmas?

What’s bet they close from around Dec 8th

This is my issue with it all. A lockdown will see positive results for a while, and ultimately will start to increase again. So are we just going to repeat ad nauseum?

1 Like

The whole plan is actually titled “Living with Covid” not “Let’s hide under the bed from Covid every 6 months”.

If we want to live with Covid we need to accept the accompanying increase in cases and put the capacity in place to deal with that.

13 Likes

This would appear to NPHET’s masterplan. That and getting their names and faces in the media.

1 Like

Yes. We will repeat. And repeat. And repeat.

NPHET/government think opening up a business you can decide to do at 5 to 9 in the morning and just get on with your day.

Lookit… We can argue all day and most of what’s said here is bang on. But numbers are gonna dictate actions and lead to lockdowns. That’s something we ain’t gonna escape from no matter how many holes you can poke in it… We need to start preaching compliance… Nphet and the gov don’t look like they will drop lockdowns so if we don’t want to be in and out of them we need to start grassing on our neighbours who aren’t complying.

I’ve taken the decision to halt my 7 aside football career for a few weeks.

2 Likes

On a totally unrelated note this document dropped late yesterday evening. Remote learning in primary schools. Now I’m not suspicious but the timing is interesting…

1 Like

But crèches will stay open? Right? Right?

Surely not nessecary for primary either. They are either spreaders or they aren’t

The eggheads are running the asylum my friend, who the fuck knows.

I think a lot of the Nuala, Maura and Breda cohort are of the opinion that 3-4 weeks at stage 5 will end this virus permanently

3 Likes

It will be level 3 till the new year.

What’s the point all we will see is parents will let kids out to hang around with other kids on the street as we seen in the previous lockdown. This won’t help the situation

1 Like

Slippery slope to closing down schools again.

Ah I see you are finally getting science now.

1 Like
2 Likes

Number of confirmed cases up to midnight 31st August

Number of confirmed cases up to midnight October 6th

Cases in the 0-4 age group are up 124%

Cases in the 5-14 age group are up 136%

Cases in the 15-24 age group are up 95%

1 Like

The vaccine is basically here.

1 Like

If the vaccine was approved tomorrow we’d still be six months waiting before we had enough doses and enough people vaccinated

Ya so that isn’t long really.