Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

Lads think that making kids get up at 6am to leave at 6.30 to make it to school by 9am rather than leave at 8.30am is fine and dandy.

To fight the virus.

They have been brainwashed and drank the Kool Aid.

I can drive to anywhere I want now. Maybe to a house party. No checkpoints.

13 Likes

you are an awful gombeen. Tipping your hat to your betters.

3 Likes

I’m reporting what it says and voicing my (strong) disagreement towards it.

Plan your journey. Stop whinging like a little spoilt girl…

You disagree with any and all attempts at measures to slow the spread of the virus. We’re living in a pandemic.

You are incredibly dumb.

10 Likes

Those checkpoints were absolutely ridiculous. They created massive tailbacks for zero reason. I wouldnt say one person was actually turned back. Did they think maybe that it might be quite common for people in commuter towns to travel into Dublin in the morning and out of Dublin in the evening. Its pissing people off for no reason and its yet another ridiculous straw that’s breaking the camels back of people taking what is a serious situation any way seriously.

4 Likes

Turf & Topsoil.

Don’t come at me with the dumb line.

Yep the guards aren’t even turning people around. They are just creating awful traffic jams for no real reason.

1 Like

Plan a journey accordingly. This was flagged Sunday night.

For the most part yes, as I believe they are disproportionate. We’ve been through this.

The Flurry Knox of the forum

4 Likes

Why are they creating traffic jams? They aren’t even turning people around? It’s a complete waste of time and guarda resources.

2 Likes

They are alarmed at the traffic on the road. They have asked people to only make essential journeys and limit travel

People aren’t complying. The net result will be more cases, more ICU and more restrictions.

Do you want to be allowed spout your shite without being challenged?

You keep posting it, I’ll keep calling it

Considering a lot of check points causing the massive delays are on dual carriageways or motorways, there is no physical way to turn back even if you tell the guards you are out for a spin for no good reason. They’re not going to follow you to watch you take the next exit and go back the other way. The check points are there to piss people off and knowing you’ll be delayed is more of a reason people will avoid travelling than Covid 19

3 Likes

I never once asked you not to. Just reaffirming my position. Fire away. It’s a free country.

The checkpoints are pure PR, but if they’re not there (at least at the start), you’ll have people screaming the house down as well :man_shrugging:t2:

Nobody wants to be stuck out on the side of the road all day in October

You are not restricted from travelling to work or school, setting up checkpoints at rush hour is the height of stupidity and not in anyway effective in preventing the spread of Covid 19

15 Likes

I haven’t seen a single checkpoint