Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

You’d have no qualms about sending a child into a play school or any school with suspected Covid?

1 Like

as much as this whole thing is pissing me off, it would be completely irresponsible and ridiculous to not test if you are either requested to test or think you or one of your kids may have it. Getting the test is a minor inconvenience. If it came that someone you were close to got it because you or your child had it, it should play heavily on you. It does affect a lot of people badly. whilst most people have mild symptoms and will be fine, its not your place to decide whether or not people around you should be susceptible to get it. I’d be more pissed off if someone in close contact to me gave it to me knowing that there was a chance they had it but just didnt bother their hole getting tested.

6 Likes

Horsebox Live

3hzbl8

3 Likes

If I had a 4 year old with a runny nose or a bit of a sore throat I wouldnt mate.

We’ve been told kids at that age, kids cannot transmit it so I personally wouldnt honestly.

Different scenario of course if it was an older child.

No, I’d make sure they stayed at home for the two weeks.

Something you’re very familiar with.

That’s a very childish reply

3 Likes

No need for that mate

but the point being that a child was advised to take a test, presumably because of a close contact. Not that they had symptoms. I wouldnt take that risk with my child, and to be honest, the experts know fuck all about the transmission. At the start children were super spreaders, now they arent? They know fuck all, I wouldnt take the risk. For the sake of just doing the test and having to isolate until results back. Its beyond selfish and ignorance to just ignore it and go about your business. I’m pretty much dealing with people assuming they are taking necessary measures in terms of hygiene and distancing. Its when others take the piss then and dont bother they fuck it up on everyone.

3 Likes

Aware of all that mate, but my view if I was in that scenario would just be to keep the child at home for 14 days.

After 14 days then move on if there was no symptoms, I don’t see a problem with that.

I’m also not convinced by the accuracy of the PCR test and even if you got a positive result for a 4 year old, surely the prognosis would be the same - isolate for 14 days etc.

Thats my point really.

1 Like

Your child could have passed it on to another child who could have passed it on to someone else, and so on and so forth.

Someone on the sauce.

1 Like

Not drank in over a fortnight mate. Vertigo

so if your (assuming hypothetical?) child was told to take a test because of a close contact, you’d refuse the test, and self isolate your family for 14 days instead? Even though no one has any symptoms? That’s just mental to be quite honest.

2 Likes

Not you…

For a change

Just remember :wink:

1 Like

How would you arrange a fortnight off work in those circumstances? And for your missus, and your other hypothetical kids staying off school?

I would yeah if no one in the family had symptoms, leave the testing capacity to people who feel sick and isolate as a family for 14 days until the potential incubation period passes.

I don’t see anything wrong with that.

Here, go away and fuck yourself you unmerciful cunt.

You’re a top Dad in a lockdown. Baker and runner of the year.

You’re loving the misery this is inflicting on the country. A dangerous cunt.

I never hear you talk about your students though…

2 Likes

Right, this is it again,
You’re a strange fish, I must have said something to you sometime but for the life of me I don’t remember it?
Nasty stuff out of you though

2 Likes