Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

It’s gonna be a Cunt when you need to home school him and his siblings.

Basketball cancelled today due to Level 3 :slightly_frowning_face:

Definitely not, especially as people will know its not a short term measure, hopefully now more people start to realise we’re potentially facing 2 or 3 years of this and the penny might drop.

2021 is a write off already, but will the general public be willing to accept the same in 2022, 2023 etc

No guarantees with a vaccine.

How’s the head today?

1 Like

The county by county approach seems to have gone as fast as it came. Seems to be all nationwide restrictions again now

What sports though?

Haven’t GAA clubs packed it in?

So it leaves football teams who can basically only laps and a few shooting and passing drills in groups of less than 15 people?

I bought a turkey a while back but ate the fucking thing

We’re too small and the local authorities too weak for a county by county to ever work here

The youngsters are still at the GAA and the soccer. But losing the basketball has been a sickner

Home schooling would be my choice in any case.

You’re very pessimistic.

Head down. Plough on. This will end

2 Likes

OIUTF drive on for herd immunity, its a shame we didn’t do in the summer before the October rush in the hospitals. Its the hse and goverments fault that the hospitals don’t have capacity not the public trying to follow BS guidelines to stop an airborne disease

2 Likes

That was a given after it didn’t work in Dublin

1 Like

Still at GAA.

Aye, I’d love to have no job too, but I’ve another 5 years before packing it all in and sitting on a beach, earning twenty percent

Retail is only essential retail from Level 4 onwards is it? 4 seems to be very similar to 3, except for the 5km?

Fogret about the vaccine, it’s not coming.

It will have burned out by early 2022. I’m basing this on my Spanish Flu Modelling, we are in the “deadly second wave” now but are a bit more primed for a pandemic so deaths shouldn’t be as big as the first wave.

This wave will finish up in Feb 2021 and things will gradually begin to slow until it fades away a year later.

4 Likes

I think the above is realistic, mate.

We’ll plough on regardless absolutely.

Have the GAA not suspended ALL club activity? Are some clubs breaching this?

You have a point - but going into level 5 will actually prolong it long term I reckon.

Just kicking the can down the road, of course it has to be done due to capacity etc,

Allowed train.