Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

None of them are sick.

I know a couple in 70s who have it. They are no worse than a bad cold.

We’re closing the world down for what.

Not Ballymun.

Sweep sweep

If Dublin win six we’ll have to commit you.

Unlikely. I’m zen.

Zoom calls with your mates? Are grown men that needy? My friends would laugh at me if i suggested it.

2 Likes

I had my first one with my pals in months tonight. I didn’t want to do one

It was unreal. Really enjoyed it.

1 Like

Gaa club has always been the easiest place for underage drinkers to get their pints… There’s a clue in the fact they had to consider drilling holes in the cups FFS…

The vast majority of GAA clubs don’t have bars mate

1 Like

@tank @Batigol the truth is out there

3 Likes

The biggest mistake man has made has been to
Try and “lockdown “ a virus indefinitely

2 Likes

I have it on good authority (herself) that there has been an uptick in hospital admission with covid on the mainland. The difference this time is that so far, major nursing home outbreaks haven’t happened.
The age of admissions is generally in the 50-70 group.

1 Like

Tánaiste Leo Varadkar has admitted a “short, hard lockdown” known as a circuit break may be needed to reduce Covid-19 numbers to manageable levels but has also said it “breaks my heart” to think of a second lockdown.

In an article in the Sunday Independent today, Mr Varadkar also says the coronavirus pandemic is already estimated to “cost us about €10,000 each - that’s €50bn” and warns a second lockdown could bring the State’s borrowing requirements to levels similar to the financial crash more than 10 years ago.

However, senior government sources have told the Sunday Independent it now looks increasingly possible the country will be in lockdown within 10 days. A decision is expected to be made after Thursday’s meeting of Nphet, the State’s science and medical advisory body.

Iodine tablets lads. You read it here first. It’s your only answer

Level 5 on Tuesday is what I was told a short while ago.

Leo is a busted flush if we lock down that quickly. If it doesn’t work we’re in the shitter and if it works to some degree he has blood on his hands for not going to Level 5 last week

Stack up in the offies the next day or two…

A short lockdown has literally worked nowhere. As soon as we reopen, cases will rise again. For this to “work” you’d surely be looking at an absolute minimum of 6 weeks.

You’re talking about putting hundreds of thousands of people out of work for this insanity too.

3 Likes

The brendas and nualas have won. Imagine being in a job where you know you won’t lose it till you retire regardless of economic situations or advancements in technology

1 Like

They are making it up as they go along and its to protect an underlying health service that has been neglected and in badly need of reform for decades. They are petrified that the system will crumble with any sort of significant rise in ICU numbers and nobody wants blood on their hands.

So our economy is effectively being held to ransom by the mismanaged of our health service over many decades.

15 Likes