Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

We need to start thinking outside the box.

1 Like

Most people who have died in Ireland have never made the hospital sadly, the issue here is hospitals.

Given the differences in mortality by age group, I expect there is a good deal of variation on this. I’m gonna guess they 60-70 year old arrive into hospital a lot closer to the date of their PCR test that 40-50.

They are an example to the rest of the world

And you have people here screaming we need to be more like New Zealand, without actually realising what that involves

1 Like

WHO backed by International evidence shows lock downs don’t work in stopping the spread of the virus. Lockdowns buy time to ensure resources are in place to accommodate higher demand on healthcare services, hence flattening the curve in April.
Lockdown 2 is 100% the goverments fault. Social distancing washing g hand and mask help slow it to take pressure off healthcare services but won’t stop it. Economic suicide is on ffgs head.

4 Likes

We need headlines screaming
“What have you been doing?”
Capacity not increased 9 months after outbreak began

3 Likes

Are all the swedes dead yet, anyone checked in on them?

7 Likes

Social distancing isn’t happening, I don’t believe hand washing is being adhered to like at the beginning, many people only wear masks because it’s as clear as the nose on their face if they’re not, many masks are probably never washed, that’s just the type of people we are.
We don’t compare with Sweden, they don’t need to be guilted into wearing a mask or washing their hands to help each other out

I like pina coladas
And getting caught in the rain

Gone. No lockdown finished that nation, as Neil Ferguson and McDonkey predicted

That flute McDonkey is banging on about the free mobile phones again there now on newstalk :smile:

6 Likes

MicheĂĄl Martin last week:

‘In March there were 225 ICU beds, we now have 282 fully staffed, that’s an extra 57 and there’ll be a further 17 in the winter plan’

2 Likes

He’s like a more sinister Comical Ali these days.

“Our best diplomats need to be sent out to London, Edinburgh” to teach them about zero Covid.

They need a circuit break.

From what I’ve seen its still happening, not as purposely avoiding each other as in April. Hands sanitisation when entering buildings too i don’t think peoples hands have ever been so clean. But good hygiene and staying away from each other isn’t going to defeat the virus, vaccine or leave it run through the community will. Trying to suppress it will ruin the country and it will be back. Both options of herd immunity or locking down are shit and will result in deaths. Waiting for a vaccine isn’t much of an option as we will be stuck in this purgatory for years.

1 Like

Simple simon will tell the boys and girls that santa will bring it if they wash their hands

I assume they have no one left to die

Sweden does not mind standing out from the crowd on coronavirus, and the latest sign is on its refusal to introduce face masks. The Scandinavian country, renowned for its lighter-touch approach to Covid-19 regulations, is one of the few European countries not to recommend using face masks after neighbouring Norway, Denmark and Finland all changed their positions in the past week. “It is very dangerous to believe face masks would change the game when it comes to Covid-19,” Anders Tegnell, Sweden’s state epidemiologist, told the Financial Times.

9 Likes