Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

Those county finals have a lot to answer for. Idiots losing the run of themselves.

1 Like

We have anti mask protests on a weekly basis.

The swedes bought masks because they though there would be an about turn on the recommendation. They were getting out ahead of being compliant

I may have been mistaken about the masks, the point I was making was that the Swedes have apparently (according to a resident) been practicing good hygiene all along, they needed to be told to do very little, so I take that back, but it wasn’t the only point I wanted to make.

But I’ll leave it to the experts again

That @Batigol is a mentaller

1 Like

That’s unmerciful

You’d do well to not mislead the forum in future

3 Likes

60 cases today all related to the behaviour of a GAA club.

1 Like

We have anti mask protests attending by a few hundred. There are not going to be anti mask protests in a country where masks are not recommended.

Change the record on your bullshit, the facts are that Irish people were increasingly wearing masks before they were mandated. As NPHET stated;

• In such circumstances, there is no shame in being wrong. I was wrong about willingness to wear masks. Because early guidance was ambiguous and few people initially wore them, I thought there was little chance the Irish public would take to masks voluntarily. Evidence proved me incorrect: the proportion of customers wearing masks in shops increased to a majority well before they were mandatory.*

Afaik, two thirds of people who go on ventilators never get off them, even without covid.

2 Likes

All except Cork.

1 Like

The R number in Ireland was below 1 before the March 28th lockdown.

The R number in Dublin has fallen below 1 in Dublin in recent weeks in response to the increased outbreak.

R has more relevance now than it did over the summer given the number of cases.

Irish people are more than capable of socially distancing, wearing masks etc. There are always going to be people who breaks advice and rules wherever you go. That’s life.

1 Like

The people want a lockdown. Irish people can’t be trusted. That’s why cases here are by far the worst in Europe and our ICUs and hospitals are overflowing…

It’s amazing to read the response to some of the tweets from the likes of Donnelly or Harris.

It’s not exactly a snapshot of society but loads of respondents begging to be put into lockdown Level 5. I’m guessing none of these people are small business owners or under any sort of financial pressure.

14 Likes

You’d be guessing right.

Anything of any use??

He had one yoke won a trial stake a few years ago and he was quietly fancied in clonmel but went wrong

Ivor Cummins makes some interesting Covid related observations here.

1066 cases up north.

Friday 1080
Saturday 902
Sunday 1066

The williamites have been conquered

3 Likes