Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

Mortality rate seems to be much less at the moment here anyway. Keep getting nearly 1000 cases and only 2 or 3 deaths. I hate the whole tinfoil hat itā€™s all a cod stuff but there does seem to be something strange about this.

Probably based on the early virus which was much more potent as it ravenged the vulnerable

Interesting indeed. Are you talking about Ireland? I presume so because if talking of elsewhere the numbers would be massive. Personally, Iā€™d say yes. The chances of thousands dying now are gone. *

*obviously Iā€™m talking about the future, because you were. You cant count the previous death toll in your argument.

Itā€™s not 5 per cent. And likely less than 0.5 per cent.

2 Likes

Nonsense

7 Likes

I did out some numbers on this earlier in the week in this thread.

1 Like

His second paragraph is possibly the dumbest thing I seen written on any subject.

We can only estimate what the fatality rate is as we have no idea how many people have been infected. Estimates on Infected Fatality Rate range from 0.1 to 1% and are trending towards 0.1% as the pandemic unfolds.

3 Likes

Mortality is nowhere near 5%. They might have thought that initially in China when they didnā€™t know about the huge asymptotic numbers but itā€™s probably somewhere under 0.5% in reality.

Deaths from the virus are much lower than the figures and cases are much, much higher

Heā€™s still about.

cc @Bandage

The championship is something to look forward to. We are at nearly level 5 now bar the sport. We will all get to our parents and family even in level 5 but if official level 5 means no sports particularly through the winter in a lock down. I wonā€™t be having it. And remember too each year a guy gets older and another year gone. Tj Reid with all his medals spoke about that a few wweek ago

Agree. I touch on that in my full post.

But you canā€™t equate 1,000 cases today with 3 deaths today. There is a time between being infected and dying.

sport is on all over the world mate & in Ireland

The GGA scofflaws fucked it up for themselves with the way they behaved

2 Likes

Weā€™ve been at 200+ cases a day now for nearly 2 months.

Deaths are still remarkably low considering.

4 Likes

The FAI couldnā€™t manage a seating plan on an aeroplane that has possibly cost Ireland a place at the European Championships. Professional me hole.

7 Likes

Stop with the gga outrage buddy it solidarity we need now! Level 5 means no IC championship and that would be an awful blow to players and the general public in Ireland

The thing is @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy is right. The GAA have fucked it up not just for themselves but for others as well. They couldnā€™t just play their matches, nope they had to go on the piss, having lock ins and all drinking from the one cup. A shower of fucking idiots. Where I am because of the Gaa club all the other clubs have had to close their doors because of the high number of positive cases and testing being carried out all because the of the Gaa club.

2 Likes

@Tank

https://twitter.com/Conmort/status/1315259053988290560?s=19

Itā€™d be interesting to know how many of the hospitalized numbers are there solely because of COVID, rather than those who just caught it in there or happen to it