Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

Hopefully that is the case, something weā€™ve done or the virus has done will have made it far less deadly this time round.

No response to singing like a canary thoughā€¦

We shouldnā€™t forget how those cunts in Cheltenham fucked us

3 Likes

I just canā€™t pinpoint when this was

The virus was WAY more prevalent back in March/April. It was impossible to get a test

You must do a lot of singing.

Iā€™d tout on you

Yes fairly conclusive the testing regime has adjusted the cases : severe illness : deaths ratios

The main thrust of your point is not entirely unreasonable but is undermined by bullshit presented as fact, which in my opinion is a significant part of the issue.

We could well be going around in circles until the majority of the country understands the facts and reaches some level of consensus on what the correct approach is. Incorrect statements just polarise opinions further than they already are.

Iā€™m sure you are well meaning but this is just nonsense.

6 Likes

Heā€™s a limerickman of course he wants it to go ahead.

3 deaths in that nursing home in Laois in the past week according to RIP.ie :flushed:

@farmerinthecity where did you get 5%?

From his hole.

10 Likes

1800 odd deaths from 42k odd cases Iā€™d say

That was the rate mentioned back at height. I accept itā€™s probably overstated now.

1 Like

This is the crux of the matter really. I havenā€™t a clue if farmers 5 pc is true because all we ever hear really is case numbers. Iā€™m sure the rest could be found somewhere but there shouldnā€™t be any room for doubt on percentage mortality rate, percentage asymptomatic, percentage of false positive/negative tests, percentage hospitalised etc. These should be widely available and publicised figures. The time for being clandestine with the facts for whatever reason is surely long over.

2 Likes

Hardy fucking har.

The rte news confidently told us the virus was increasing all over the country rapidly thereā€¦not long after admitting that Dublinā€™s R rate was only 1. Itā€™s no wonder people havenā€™t a breeze whatā€™s true and whatā€™s not.

3 Likes

Nice to see Gina from Hugoā€™s get some media coverage at last.

4 Likes