Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

What’s interesting is that most footballers who are testing positive for the virus are asymptomatic, these are people who are tested twice weekly (or move frequently) de facto so it’s quite likely some of us have had it without knowing it by this stage.

1 Like

Absolutely remarkable that every case has been caught in that 42k. Almost unbelievable.

1 Like

Utterly preposterous would be more accurate.

This is nearly done

It looks like this traffic light system might allow people from orange/red countries to travel if they get a PCR test (and it comes back negative) within 3 days of travel. Could open it up a bit

That’s the cunt who let everyone go on day 1.

Zero covid means agreement with the north to lockdown, shut the airports and no human interaction for 4 months. Obviously economic devastation will follow and if one person has it, it will have been for nothing. To try to eradicate a virus that can’t be eradicated just to be seen to do something. Madness doesn’t even begin.

3 Likes

We’ve no chance. There’s someone here that said mortality rate is 5%. If someone here is saying that how could you possibly defeat Nuala and Brenda. Throw away the key, just do two years of level 5, give the people what they want.

5 Likes

Fear is all we have now, sooner we fall in with the bookface the better

That’s the one. The kids had just been sent home from school, Leo made his speech from Washington and she was on the news the next day having let her staff go. Didn’t even give it a few days or a week to see how things were going.

It’s a bold strategy Cotton. Let’s see if it pays off for ‘em.

Calling for loosening of restrictions to no avail since the start of the summer, so the Restaurants Association perform an about turn and now call for the circuit breaker full lockdown.

1 Like

Reverse psychology

11 Likes

There’s a lot more upheaval for some than for others. Many actually quite like it, and those dictating the rules are least affected by them.

Can tj count to level 5?

From an in depth audit.

He’s such a pain in the hole. He’s the left wing equivalent of that Sarah Jane Murphy wan. Blue Hugh’s partner is Kate O’Connell’s sister rather than Kate herself too.

As an aside, I’ve received a stark warning via unsolicited email that antimicrobial resistance is the real threat, not COVID-19. Please advise, TFK experts.

1 Like

Funnily enough I attended a course on anti microbial resistance on Thursday night. Hygiene is very important, as is ventilatiin- make sure theres a good airflow through your cattle sheds.
(I got a free thermometer…wjich I may as well have shoved iup a cow’s hole, for all the good it’ll do)

3 Likes

I reckon he’s a bot account that got too much recognition and it’s just rolling on. But there is a lot in the Irish media that are former YFG which is scary

If you look for pockets of bias in the Irish media you’ll find it. The Ivan Yates Clique, the Irish Times SJW set, RTESIPTU, etc. The fact that all these groups coexist means that a broad brunch of views are presented. The Twitter echo chamber often means that a lot of people only see the views of their own group, or only those of an opposing group.

1 Like

He’s an angry man who got a bit of profile and is going all in.

4 Likes