Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

Do indeedšŸ‘

1 Like

You hurled that one badly kid. You should have offered to build a den for yourself and let her have the run if the house

2 Likes

This is just for three weeks though? Right? Right?

I have a feeling these bonuses, double payments and probably a few concessions in budget will be to try and garner some support ahead of what will be strict restrictions from probably next week until the start of December. Even restaurants are calling for restrictions so they can have some bit of hope of opening over Christmas.

Thank fuck Iā€™ve deleted that app

1 Like

Theyā€™ve locked down before all bank holiday weekends. Iā€™d expect restrictions from end October to start December. Open it up til the new bank holiday on 22nd December and people sent home til mid January.

Christmas (once you let people go home) is a great chance to lock down as a lot of places are closed anyway

Looks like my annual Christmas feed of large bottles and Crested Ten in the Spinnaker could be in jeopardy

13 Likes

Is McConkey still getting us all a new phone ?

3 Likes

You would wonder what rate of false positives are if 2 people involved in Irish set up had those results.

They donā€™t need to garner any support for a lockdown. The majority of the country are in favour of it

There is a big element of ā€œI am all right Jackā€ . The income tax receipts are holding up . Middle to higher earners can in the main WFH or are working outside/in factories .

Upon reflection we could have managed rightly without this covid carry on

@macsogynist

1 Like

cobh-id 19ā€¦

Itā€™ll stay for a day and fuck off on a ship like everything that goes in to cobh

Level 10

1 Like

Fionan Sheehan discussing ā€œcircuit breaksā€ on Rte 1 now, I zoned out a bit to be honest

Claire determined to find out where the phrase ā€œcircuit breakā€ originated.

Dr Staines finally gets his head arounf the democratic process

1 Like