Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

You remind me of this fella

https://www.facebook.com/304283656413077/posts/1766644576843637/?vh=e&extid=0&d=n

1 Like

Pascal’s budgeted for a deficient of €20 Billion next year and 10% unemployment in 2021. Anyone calling for lockdown and restrictions need to think about that, why are we trying to stop the enviable death, viruses spread we are not advanced enough to stop it and a vaccine isn’t coming.
I remember budget day in 2010 a good friend of mines mother threw herself into the shannon. Her body wasn’t found for weeks and the funeral was on a freezing night in December. I don’t want to go back to that level of dispare.

Our economy is doing better than initially feared and is managing better than most of Europe. Cheap money is available via the EU for as long as this lasts.

Honestly, stop your fearmongering.

If people are confined to their houses, there will be a demand for technloligical equipment, WFH advancements etc.

He is a dangerous, cynical, corporate bastard.

Completely different animal to what was going on ten years ago.

It is doing better than most but I don’t expect fg to take the free money as they claim it doesn’t exist. We should be pushing to be back to normal and hopefully this is a wake up call for some LIDTF people going from 3/4% unemployment to 10%. Absolutely no fault on the peopel who have lost jobs or business. That figure doesn’t include jobs lost that were part time with students etc.

The light is at the end of the tunnel on this one its just we have people running away as if its going to kill them and their granny

1 Like

You’re being sensationalist. We can’t simply reopen everything. We are trying to find a balance.

Sorry if you have been worse affected by others but you are going to have to realise that this is it. We will be moving up and down these five levels for the next two years and the government will have to spend to fill the gap and protect those worst affected.

2 Likes

863 cases up north from 4450 individuals tested.

19.4% positivity rate

Topping out hopefully

Whats sensational about what I said? Hats the benefit of bouncing around levels as opposed to opening up fully like sweden? Our piss poor health service that was on tenterhooks before covid has tipped over the edge? The health service is/was fucked long before this and this has highlighted it.

The health service is fucked so you want us to open fully so more people get Corona virus and die? Can you hear yourself?

The difference is numbers of people dying. Quite simple really isn’t it?

Sweden isn’t fully open either. Don’t kid yourself.

You seem massively on edge, I’m sorry about that. But get used to the idea that this is going to be it for the medium term. This is what “living with the virus” looks like.

They won’t let you live off the grid because soon they won’t let you go outside without a mask.

And there’ll be no cash.

1 Like

I want to start my own country. Problem is that the cunts will infect us with Coronavirus.

I think that the HSE is the greatest threat to Irish freedom since the British Empire. I think that NPHET is worse than the Catholic Church were. I would rather live in a country with no health service than a country where millions of people are put under house arrest to protect the health service.

Am I on edge?

1 Like

I’d say so, yes.

2 Likes

Minor correction

You’re way over the edge

1 Like

Have you considered setting up a political movement to garner support for your views?

2 Likes