Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

this wasn’t enforced in any way shape or form. If you were travelling for essential work you didn’t even have to fill out the passenger location form.

Also, Ireland isn’t part of Schengen so even when the EU weren’t allowing entries from non EU countries, Ireland were. I think we are still the most open in Europe for non EU arrivals

1 Like

Not true

Who is lending all this magic money that will never have to be repaid? We’ll be hitting Weimar Republic levels of inflation yet with all this money printing.

53 outbreaks in care homes in the north.

Eeeeek.

going by this here from politico

Anyone not traveling from Northern Ireland or for essential work must fill in a COVID-19 Passenger Location Form. Falsely filling in the form or not doing so at all carries the threat of up to a €2,500 fine or six months imprisonment.

also from gov.ie

By law, passengers arriving to Ireland from overseas are required to complete this form, with the exception of the following:

• passengers arriving from Northern Ireland
  • passengers leaving the State from their port or airport of arrival without otherwise exiting the port or airport
  • holders of a Certificate for International Transport Workers, or drivers of a heavy goods vehicle, who are in the State in the course of performing their duties
  • aircraft crew, including the pilot, who are in the State in the course of performing their duties
  • ship crew, including the maritime master, who are in the State in the course of performing their duties
  • foreign diplomats

Also, people not on green lists were never told to quarantine. They were told to “restrict their movements”

That must be out of date. Everyone fills in the form. They can tick an exemption box on the form if they are exempt from the restrictions…

It’s confusing (and utterly pointless)

1 Like

last updated on the 31st of August.

Did you “have” to restrict your movements when you came back from germany?

Don’t be thick ffs.

You have made some claims on Irish people not following rules but the truth is that most people in most countries follow them. And many operators simply would not run with that restriction there.

Many resorts in Spain that were kicking off again in July saw closures in August.

why do you keep bringing up the UK? We’re discussing Ireland. Separate states and Unions as much as that may gall you

Which is much of a muchness.

As Big Phil so rightly said, that’s only a stupid recommendation.

By the way, I should have lied about my phone number on that passenger locator form. Since returning from Poland I have had two phone calls from the government to check that I’m restricting my movements, despite it only being a recommendation. Ironically not filling out the form is a crime, even though not restricting your movements is not.

I should have listened to @Tassotti. Although I fucked NPHET bad this morning when I left the house to get a haircut before their next lockdown. Viva la revolution.

1 Like

As I am illustrating the impact of such advice. The restrictions that the UK latterly brought in meant thousands of holiday makers fled Spain. Similar happened with France.

And on the UK, they were far closer to the EU standard than Ireland.

Yeah, my mate who went to Poland with me is a civil servant (no it’s not @glasagusban hahahahaha). Even though they’re mostly working from home at the moment they wouldn’t let him work from home for the next two weeks! So he had to just lie and pretend that he’s never been away. I bought him a Krakow facemask to bring into the office next time, just to tip his co-workers over the edge.

They don’t fill out the location details if they are exempt. Splitting hairs I suppose.

No Germany was on the green list.

but the UK had a restriction requirement not a recommendation. They introduced 1000 pound fines and criminal charges for multiple breaches.

Yeah we get two weeks unpaid if we didn’t follow the “recommendation” and went somewhere off the green list

1 Like

The lockdowners are very nationalistic. It’s an ugly movement.

“Lockdowners” could be a thing I think. I like the implication that they might have down-syndrome. There’s potential there.

2 Likes

I’m not arguing against travel in any way shape or form. I’m arguing the point that people think we’ve been closed when we haven’t. There have been people coming and going since the start of this thing.

What I find ridiculous is if someone landed in Knock airport, they are bound to Mayo until Level 3 goes away. What’s the fucking point

1 Like

that is outrageous now… could you mitigate that with a negative test on return?

As Big Phil learned that’s not good enough. You could still be harbouring the virus for 14 days!

Edit: even though most of those places are safer than Ireland and you could harbour it for 14 days in Ireland!