Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

I don’t think we can sustain testing with the number of children being sent for testing over the sniffles tbf.

This is why it was better to reopen schools in May and June, when Covid in the community was lower and we didn’t have a summer of fear being stoked.

4 Likes

As of last week, no

1 Like

Good point but fat chance teachers working July and August

Could they not amend Level 3 to say wet pubs close.

No kids outdoor sports but they are allowed indoors in a restaurant. :man_shrugging:t2::joy:

1 Like

240 cases

One death

119 in Dublin, 19 in Wicklow, 17 in Kildare, 16 in Donegal, 15 in Waterford, 10 in Limerick, 8 in Cork, 6 in Louth, 5 in Wexford and the remaining 24 cases are located in Carlow, Cavan, Clare, Galway, Kilkenny, Laois, Longford, Meath, Monaghan, Offaly, Tipperary, Westmeath.

What is the cause of the Dublin surge? Is it schools related or something else?

You’d think with all these well paid special advisers someone would sit down and go through the regulations, identifying areas where the guidance is contradictory and tidying up loose ends.

People are just getting fatigue now, when they see nonsensical rules which they’ve little faith in they simply lose faith in the decision makers.

9 Likes

Houses. People not wearing masks or social distancing

Dubs are filthy

1 Like

Again no exponential growth. Case numbers seem to be a product of test numbers. About 2 per cent.

You’d wonder how many tests were done in Cork. The Cork number looks low for a “city”.

1 Like

House parties

Surprised @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy hasn’t jumped all over this. The GGA needs to start filling the stands they have first.

1 Like

Is Mrs Batty not just back from Germany? Hopefully she won’t blame you too much for this lack of variation in her summer hols.

I wouldn’t bother going back now. I wasn’t wanted in August.

You are better off. We have county lockdowns now. No idea when next swan will be.

Ye are all infected.

1 Like

Death knell for a lot of hospitality businesses in Dublin if this is given the go ahead

1 Like