Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

The goal of all the vaccines near final approval is not to stop infection. They are designed to lessen and reduce symptoms. A second generation vaccine may stop infection

You could be looking at having to close the off-licences at 6 the way it’s going

1 Like

There’s been very few cases of reinfection considering probably over 10% of the global population has been infected. It will happen though as immunity from Coronaviruses does wane over time. I think the boffins expect a second infection wouldn’t be as bad though and may lead to very mild symptoms or even result in being completely asymptotic. I think there was a fella over in the US who’s second infection was worse than the first but apparently he picked up a completely different strain of COVID.

1 Like

COVID 20?

1 Like

No surprise that at the first mention of Cheltenham, the virus pivots once more and starts reinfecting people. This virus hates the horsey set more than any other it seems.

1269 positive swabs from 16126 tests

7.8% positivity rate

Mate the graph you put up previously would suggest positive swabs and case numbers track almost exactly, would that be correct?
Does the positive swabs number not capture people being retested then?

Glas supporting McDowell on here at the very same time as McDowell is getting torn to shreds by female senators for his misogyny.

1 Like

Applicable to Donegal, Cavan and Monaghan a source whispers to me. Of course, said source has been frightfully erratic in the past, especially in matters of racehorses.
They (Government) can FOAD if they think they’re lashing further embargos on us with the best figures in the country.

2 Likes

Ruin DMC

1 Like

Backlogs do occur as seen in last weeks figures.

Not sure to be honest.

Ye’re only in the ha’penny place compared to bc Waterford, pal.

News to me

This lack of ICU capacity, in general, is pretty worrying. Like, if had have any form of natural disaster, or something like a train crash, we would have absolutely nowhere to put people.

1 Like

They should designate Leitrim as the concentration camp area and ship all the infected jackeens in there.

1 Like

I just read a few Brenda nuala posts on fb saying they need to close schools ‘do we really believe the government and doctors when they say kids don’t spread it??’. That’ll be a problem when you’ve neither OIUTFers or LIDTFers believing the experts.

Make it so

The Poles could run it like in WW2.

Are there any free ICU beds in Leitrim? A lockdown might be advisable to protect the inhabitants.

There is surge capacity of around 200 or 300 I think, but if used would impact other treatments.