Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

Iā€™d be all in favour of Zero Covid if it was possible globally.

But we need a degree of sanity here, we have eradicated very few diseases. That includes multiple corona viruses and influenza.

The NZ and Australia strategy really only works if a vaccine arrives.

The big issue I have with it suggested in Ireland is that the NI issue is breezily overlooked. RBB said give NI ā‚¬250m. Is that really all it would cost for a United Ireland by the backdoor? Because thatā€™s what if would be seen as. You think Arlene is going to be told that NI residents canā€™t have freedom of movement to mainland Britain for months, perhaps years?

2 Likes

We stayed in Amber Springs 2 weeks prior to that timeframe and it was teeming with Dubs in Liverpool tracksuits, go figure.

1 Like

4 out of the 10 underlying conditions are directly resultant of obesity. Why have they not given out this info to make people chance their lifestyles. They spend so much time telling us to wash their hands

2 Likes

I was everywhere bar kilmuckridge on that list last week

1 Like

If only it was that simple. Itā€™s all GAA club based. Clusters in at least 5 clubs around Gorey. And one of the clubs is blaming a lad from Maynooth who joined in one of their ā€˜celebrationsā€™ :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I was in Gorey the week before :thinking:

All you fuckin outsiders killing us here :face_with_thermometer:

Weā€™ll see next week. Iā€™m in Roscommon Monday and Tuesday

tenor (5)

1 Like

Why do people dislike facts?

3 Likes

Whatā€™s that about boss?

What advert?

Facts are irrelevant these days you pick your side and double down on lies that fit your narrative. Donald Trumps long term effect n the world. Welcome to 2020

His comment is obviously hyperbole but dealing with the restrictions is an awful lot easier for a middle aged man with kids whose life probably isnā€™t much different than it is for a lad in his 20s

7 Likes

So a fella who has kids isnā€™t as badly affected as a fella who has no ties?

Stab city is much more welcoming

Brid is very precious

On average I would say yes as long as you have a secure job also which he does

1 Like

:grin: