Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

Fuck Cheltenham

1 Like
4 Likes

All the large population centres plus the cluster towns put into red zone here from tomorrow:
Bars & restaurants open 6am-9pm, beyond that take away.
Restrictions of numbers in shops
No spectators at sports events
No weddings from Monday
max one person per 7 sq metres in churches
Secondary schools go-online (primary stays open)
Wear masks outdoors

But, from reading this thread I thought Ireland was the only country implementing restrictions?

3 Likes

All cause of GAA

Apparently not. The pubs are open though :slight_smile:

Davy has managed to get the whole Wexford panel tested within 4 hours at a time when teachers are waiting over 5 days for a test and out of school. Tis a great little country all the same.

Fuck the GGA

2 Likes

I’d imagine they went private? Loads of places offering private tests.

Nope. Used the new HSE facility that was set up in Ferns

Where is the HSE facility in Ferns? Are they using the GAA place?

Be ironic.

Isn’t rapid testing laid down in the procedures agreed between elite sporting bodies and the government as part of the return of sport in July? Same way the Irish football team and backroom staff were being tested regularly during the break just gone. Quite why teachers would be waiting days and days for tests is another matter.

Ah it is. I’m just venting cos I’m fucked off at this stage

1 Like

Jesus wept

Think the squads were tested at the Centre of Excellence in Ferns rather than the general testing centre in Ferns. Special treatment for the GGA is only right and proper after all the work they did in lockdown #1.

I’m not sure a test gets a teacher back to school any quicker If they are a close contact of a confirmed case . I was tested within 3 days and results back next day. But even after second test negative still ha had to restrict movements for 14 days.

Are there any pubs or bars in Ireland called Level 5?

1 Like

Travellers flying into Ireland will have to produce a negative Covid-19 test on arrival, under new plans being considered by the Government.

Those who produce a negative laboratory test will avoid any quarantine period on arrival, but will still have to adhere to local regulations linked to the living with the coronavirus plan.

There is also a debate in government over whether rapid testing can be used for travellers arriving without a negative test.

The National Public Health Emergency Team (Nphet) have concerns about using rapid testing facilities for checking people arriving in Ireland.

However, consideration is being given to allowing people take an antigen test when they land and then restrict their movements for a period of time.

QUARANTINE

The Government is eager to make travel into Ireland as easy and safe as possible, in part to boost the tourism industry.

This could see the quarantine period for people arriving in Ireland without a negative test reducing to between four or seven days while they await the outcome of rapid Covid tests.

Ireland, along with the other EU members states, have signed up to a new traffic lights system.

People from countries with 25 new cases per 100,000 people over a two-week period, will be on the green list and free to travel into Ireland with any restrictions.

Travellers from amber, red or grey countries may have to undergo Covid tests when they arrive in Ireland and also self-isolate for a period of time.

Transport Minister Eamon Ryan said he will make a decision on how to implement the EU’s new system for international travel next Tuesday.

“The goal is to give airlines and the travelling public certainty as to what they need to do to be able to travel,” he told the Dáil.

They’ve given their grounds for free. Only right they get first dibs