Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

I have said it before and I will say it again, it’s insanity.

McConkey will be bittersweet about this.

Not as good as level 6, but he’ll settle for 6 weeks at level 5 as a start

I will avoid Tubridy tonight as if could only be bad for my zen

1 Like

Have they reached this level yet?

2 Likes

What happens in six weeks when numbers are down , we open up for a few weeks then another lock down , holy Mary but this is madness . Continue to do the same thing and expect different results…

2 Likes

The new thing for the sheep will be the possibility of a “normal Christmas” now. A bit of critical thinking is beyond the majority of the population

My zen is gone. I’m on google street view here looking at images of places I was going to go on holidays. You can’t lock down my brain HOLOHAN!!

7 Likes

How will the numbers be down mid flu season?

This is idiocy.

If creches stay open at level 5 as seems to be the case, then for all intents and purposes I’m at level 5 already.
Who would be affected? Construction workers? Non essential retail? I’d look at the road map that was delivered to my house yesterday, but there seems to be a few misprints on it because the levels aren’t relating to what it says.

We can’t jeopardize a normal Christmas by selfishly wanting to visit family or friends

2 Likes

Gyms, sports clubs, non-essential retail.

Sports clubs are all closed already sure

AH AH AH AH
LEVEL 5 LEVEL 5

People would want to forget a “normal” Christmas and revert to the original spirit of Christmas. Fake festive cheer in a drunken fog.

Just as well I got a hair cut today

2 Likes

I thought some were still open or training

It’s treating the entire populace like children - be good and you’ll get something nice for Christmas

Anyone who wants to go more than 5km past their house or step outside their front door twice a day.

I’m pretty much the same. Life consists of:

• Crèche drop off and collection;
  • Working from home;
  • Playing with kids & making/eating dinner in that 5pm-7pm window after crèche;
  • Tidying up;
  • Jaunts to the park/playground at weekends;
  • Jogging in the neighbourhood for exercise 3-5 times per week during lunch break;
  • Food shopping twice per week;
  • Daily trip to local cafe for takeaway coffee, sometimes purchasing lunch to avoid monotony of homemade ham and cheese sandwiches;
  • Takeaway dinner delivered once a week as a treat (cc @fenwaypark)
  • Selectively watching live sport on TV;
  • Watching the odd series / news programme at night when kids are asleep;
  • Being active on the INTERNET most of the time.

Why did I bother to list these?

Anyway, the main point is that if crèches close and there’s a toddler marauding around the house during normal working hours then we are fucked.

4 Likes

Pal, you forgot TFK

We are like brothers from another mother.

1 Like